Home

EA Customer Service doesn't care

This is a discussion on EA Customer Service doesn't care within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
EA Customer Service doesn't care

I was torn on posting this, but I am any way. I am not turning this into a fanboy vs. whoever rant. This is just a little disappointing since I purchase EA products yearly (NHL, Madden, NCAA, and others like Battlefied). I feel as a paying, loyal customer, I can ask a question or two and get treated fairly.

I did not go with EA sucks or this product sucks, etc. I wrote a legit letter with a few questions.

I explained that I purchase the products yearly and really enjoy them. I wanted to see if they had an answer or I would at least be making them aware of some things.

Q1: I was having the glitch where stadium sounds were unavailable. I read that you need less than 300. This is not feasible. Will this be patched? It worked in the past

Q2: I read that draft classes were removed from an issue with Madden. Will this feature be implemented again? I think it adds to continuing the dynasty across two games.

Q3: I'm sure this has been asked many times, but do you see the FCS schools ever being added again?

Q4: I see you licensed players for the Heisman challenge. Do you think they will license more players and make the "all-time" teams accurate in Madden and return that feature?

These were asked appropriately and the response I got was a link to the EA forums and I should ask around there. That is totally disrespectful. Could you imagine going to your doctor and him taking your money and tell you to leave and go search google or webmd?

The last two seasons of this game, I feel like it's my favorite restaurant and I got a bad meal. I'll keep going, but I'm a little frustrated as a loyal customer and I have the right to complain a little. I think what's best for me is to take this back to GS by 8-7 and get $30 for it and treat it as a rental.

Here is the EA email if you feel like reading...

Hello *****,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Having reviewed your mail, I understand that you have some concern regrading the in game feature in the game. I know how much money, effort and time you have put in our games and at no point we would want you to feel that this investment is a waste. The question you submitted seems to be related to the in game related issue.

I would recommend you posting this issue on the forums, located at: (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/91.page), wherein, you can get further assistance/some tips from Game Experts and fellow gamers who would have encountered similar issues/ might have similar queries. The Forums serve as the uniting ground for the Gaming community,moderators and the experienced/expert gamers where they come together and brainstorm to figure out issues of complicated nature/ game-play mechanics.

Electronic Arts appreciates your efforts and involvement in our Games and take this opportunity to express our gratitude. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime. You may access our online knowledgebase on: http://help.ea.com/

Regards,
Sonu
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: EA Customer Service doesn't care

To be fair, customer service aren't the developers of the game. They have no part in making it or the features that are implemented.

All they're there to do is help guide you to solutions for any problems you have with the product. So how are they to know about any of the questions you asked?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Customer service is not the right place to ask these questions. These guys are there for technical assistance, online pass help, etc.

You are seeking answers to design questions.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
To be fair, customer service aren't the developers of the game. They have no part in making it or the features that are implemented.

All they're there to do is help guide you to solutions for any problems you have with the product. So how are they to know about any of the questions you asked?
I thought of contacting EA as a last resort. I figured I could do any google search or browse forums on my own. I guess I was expecting a little more. Maybe "that's a ? for a developer and we'll forward it to them" or "we are aware and we're working on it" or "that's something we can look into."

Imagine calling/emailing any other company about anything. They provide more than "search this forum." They at least give you something to try or someone else in the company.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Pro

cherman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Customer service is not the right place to ask these questions. These guys are there for technical assistance, online pass help, etc.

You are seeking answers to design questions.
Even with stadium sounds? What are the odds of 1)finding legit contact info to someone who could answer these ?s and 2) actually getting a reply.

Like I said, I'm not being a ***** (just a bit of a complainer) and I feel I should be allowed to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
I thought of contacting EA as a last resort. I figured I could do any google search or browse forums on my own. I guess I was expecting a little more. Maybe "that's a ? for a developer and we'll forward it to them" or "we are aware and we're working on it" or "that's something we can look into."

Imagine calling/emailing any other company about anything. They provide more than "search this forum." They at least give you something to try or someone else in the company.
I get the frustration, but this is one of those situations where you need to know who is going to read this email. It will likely me an employee of EA's customer service team that is responsible for aiding customers in the function of the game and other high level issues, not development issues.

As for the comparison to going to the doctor... In this case, the customer service team is more like the desk attendant that schedules appointment. You cannot expect this employee to advise you on health questions. You need to see the doctor for that.

The best way to reach the developers is through forums like this one. Not a good way by any means, but the best.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

This is an absolute non-issue. The customer service rep was very respectful and gave you a more appropriate alternative. If you have game development issues, post about them on here, EA's forums, or even tweet the EA NCAA twitter account about your issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »