Home

Do Incoming Recruits Grow?

This is a discussion on Do Incoming Recruits Grow? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

knightxrider5's Arena

OVR: 1
Do Incoming Recruits Grow?

I just received a commitment from a 4 star QB with 95 throw power and 83 throw accuracy. Only problem is that he is only 5'11" and not fast, only 73 speed and 82 acceleration, so he's not a option QB. I am worried about being able to deliver the ball past the LOS without getting it batted down. Will he put on some height, or am I stuck with him at 5'11" for his whole career?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do Incoming Recruits Grow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightxrider5
I just received a commitment from a 4 star QB with 95 throw power and 83 throw accuracy. Only problem is that he is only 5'11" and not fast, only 73 speed and 82 acceleration, so he's not a option QB. I am worried about being able to deliver the ball past the LOS without getting it batted down. Will he put on some height, or am I stuck with him at 5'11" for his whole career?
edit rosters and make him taller.. other than that, no
Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
I don't think so. He may gain a few lbs but I cannot remember seeing them grow taller.

I wouldn't edit him though. Michael Vick, Drew Brees, etc are all smallish QBs...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 08-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

knightxrider5's Arena

Thats kind of a bummer. You'd think they would take into a count that the kids are still growing and are going to put on muscle in a college strength program. It would be awesome if the player could bulk up depending on position too. Example: Say you move an OLB to DE so he would attempt to put on more weight and muscle to since he'd be taking on OL more frequently. Hell it's probably a pipe dream though, but I would love to see it.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Rookie

knightxrider5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
I don't think so. He may gain a few lbs but I cannot remember seeing them grow taller.

I wouldn't edit him though. Michael Vick, Drew Brees, etc are all smallish QBs...
I won't I don't edit my rosters. I like the idea that I am going to have to adjust my gameplan to him. I can probably no longer run 3 step drops from under center due to batted balls. I will have to rely on PA, rollouts, and shotgun in order to get him away from the big guys. I like the added strategy. Plus with 95 arm strength as an incoming freshman and 83 accuracy he will probably be deadly with a shotgun spread passing attack. His attributes say he can make any throw, but his height will make it more difficult; so this should be a nice challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightxrider5
Thats kind of a bummer. You'd think they would take into a count that the kids are still growing and are going to put on muscle in a college strength program. It would be awesome if the player could bulk up depending on position too. Example: Say you move an OLB to DE so he would attempt to put on more weight and muscle to since he'd be taking on OL more frequently. Hell it's probably a pipe dream though, but I would love to see it.
This is something we are likely to see once weight/height have a true effect on gameplay. Assuming line play is one of the big things addressed next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see this kind of addition in the next couple of years.

As of right now, I edit my players if I want them to switch positions. This way their weight is more in line with the position they play.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Having a short QB in this game doesn't really make a difference. I've yet to see a ball get knocked down at the line, and I rarely remember ever seeing it in the past few years either.

Last edited by BA2929; 08-01-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

But yeah height and weight doesn't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »