Home

CPU still knows your plays

This is a discussion on CPU still knows your plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
CPU still knows your plays

This has been a problem for years now, and it is my one biggest complaint with the game every year. The CPU opponent knows your plays.

Call a draw play on 2nd and 15? CPU blitz up the middle coming.

QB draw with 5 WR at the 1 yard line? CPU goal line defense (easy audible, easy TD)

Even when you formation audible, the CPU will immediately adjust their positions on the field, but won't change their play. For example, formation audible (right stick) to a run up the middle, and their D line will pinch and LBs and safeties will move in.

Sometimes it's really easy to beat, but when you're trying to run a realistic offense it's incredibly annoying. It doesn't feel like the CPU is calling the right play for the situation, it feels like they're calling the right play for your play.
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CPU still knows your plays

Unfortunately we are probably stuck with this until SkyNet goes live and the machines become self-aware. The AI will probably never be advanced enough to properly adjust to individual game plans and playing styles during the course of a game. The way it is now seems to be for the purpose of artificially adding difficulty to make the games more competitive.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecktum
Unfortunately we are probably stuck with this until SkyNet goes live and the machines become self-aware. The AI will probably never be advanced enough to properly adjust to individual game plans and playing styles during the course of a game. The way it is now seems to be for the purpose of artificially adding difficulty to make the games more competitive.
That's not true. EA just doesn't hire very good programmers for their cash cow games like Madden and NCAA. It would be very easy to teach the CPU tendencies.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by havlen
That's not true. EA just doesn't hire very good programmers for their cash cow games like Madden and NCAA. It would be very easy to teach the CPU tendencies.

Speaking of tendencies that would be cool. Like a bite on play action tendency or a swat passes tendency.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yeah, this issue is really annoying. I can only stomach playing on Heisman, and it's super ridiculous that the defense audibles into the perfect set right after I audible to take advantage of a formational mismatch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by havlen
Man, you sure do know a whole bunch about coding and stuff of that ilk.

Also, playing the CPU will probably never imitate playing a user game. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Man, you sure do know a whole bunch about coding and stuff of that ilk.

Also, playing the CPU will probably never imitate playing a user game. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Dude... I'm starting to believe you have been payed off by EA. You don't even play the game. I've looked up your gamertag. You only play 2K games like NFL 2K5.

Last edited by MarylandMan; 08-16-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #8
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Dude... I'm starting to believe you have been payed off by EA. You don't even play the game. I've looked up your gamertag. You only play 2K games like NFL 2K5.
What is my gamertag? Pretty sure it hasn't been der juicen in years. Oh... oh you're trying to be funny, I get it.

*hint* Look on Season Showdown leaderboards. I'm on the Vanderbilt one, I believe 4th, possibly 5th. I'm right below ITz GON RAIN, an OS user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »