Home

Online: List of significant gameplay issues

This is a discussion on Online: List of significant gameplay issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Online: List of significant gameplay issues

This list will be geared towards online players. All-American difficulty with default sliders.

10-yard curl route vs. standard man coverage

This is probably the biggest issue with trying to play standard man coverage. The 10 yard curl is open every time. Also, any decent quarterback can throw this route perfectly almost every time. In real life, there is a good chance, especially with the route at this distance, that a good corner will jump it and get the easy interception. The QB is trying to throw it a distance of around 20 yards across the field. Worse QBs tend to telegraph it more and increase the chance of it getting jumped.

Test: Tyrann Mathieu vs. 74 ovr WR and 84 ovr QB. In 30 attempts, the ball was thrown accurately 30 times. Mathieu deflected the ball 0 times and intercepted the ball 0 times. He jarred the ball loose via contact 0 times. The only incompletions were due to drops prior to contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: List of significant gameplay issues

Bump man coverage

In real life, I believe, the main point of bumping the receivers is to throw their route timing off and possibly buy an extra second for blitzers to arrive. Once the bump is over, the corner is at an immediate disadvantage, not just from the possibility of getting beat deep, but because any cut the receiver makes will be difficult to react to at such close quarters. The reason a cushion is normally given in man coverage is so the corner can "size up" the receiver and visually get a read on his body movement so he can quickly react to the cut and attempt to stay within striking distance.

In the game, the only disadvantage to bumping is the possibility of whiffing the bump and getting burned on the go route. On all other routes, not only does bumping not put you at a disadvantage, it actually gives you a huge advantage as even average DBs will magically stick to their receivers and in most cases actually run the route in front of the receivers. This is a really significant issue because it completely destroys the risk-reward concept of bumping. Most of the good online players have, of course, discovered this already, and man bump with deep safety help is the coverage you will see 90% of the time against top online players.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
A. Testing anything in practice mode is not conclusive. I've had CPU and HUM defenders jump curl routes and get INTs.

B. I always get beat using bump coverage. It seems pointless to me. However, my opponents seem to benefit from it so I'm not sure what the problem is...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 08-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Banned

H Dot Verseman's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Online: List of significant gameplay issues

practice mode in online dyasties is horrific.

Has anyone had an pass interference call either offensively or defensively yet? I haven't. Haven't seen a clipping call yet. Have seen 1 facemask call. The rest is off side, delay of game, or holding.

I have a problem with this game and the option. When you run say speed option, or occasionally any regular under center based option, and you stretch the play out, you cannot see the pitch man in most cases towards the sidelines, so you pitch it into a waiting cb's arms. There has to be some way to get that camera angle because a qb would surely see a defender there.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

So far after 279 online games I get more frustrated with the curl route more than anything else. I believe EA forgot to tie this route to Wrs route running(RTE) attribute. If only great route runners destroyed 1 on 1 coverage Id have no problem, but since any average wr can stop on a dime. It makes it extremely tough to stop.

4-3 man under smoke w/ both outside LBs audibled to purple zone just won me a game via INT in overtime against a user who completed at least 8 throughout the game. Another problem appears when you finally are in perfect position for the int and the offensive A.I wr adjust by coming back to the ball. Usually if this happens the wr is short of the 1st down so I guess that's a plus.

My list.
  • 155 should be completely removed(who runs it that much in real life any way.)
  • Shake routes, where the Wr/TE stops and starts should also be tied to RTE along with other DBL move routes. that are highly effective against man.
  • Run commit effectiveness. There is no reason why a guy in quarter dime can stop a run play up the middle simply by run committing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
A. Testing anything in practice mode is not conclusive. I've had CPU and HUM defenders jump curl routes and get INTs.
It is the same online. I'd be glad to lab it with you (JTrainGBR83). Only in bump coverage are the corners ever in position to make a play. Like with just about everything, bump makes the route perfectly covered.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
So far after 279 online games I get more frustrated with the curl route more than anything else. I believe EA forgot to tie this route to Wrs route running(RTE) attribute. If only great route runners destroyed 1 on 1 coverage Id have no problem, but since any average wr can stop on a dime. It makes it extremely tough to stop.
I agree this is part of it, but the bigger issue is that the corners are way too conservative. There is no effort to jump the route. That would be entirely understandable if you have a 78 OVR corner on an island with a 90 OVR receiver with 92 SPD. But as the ratings drop for the WR and/or rise for the corner, the corner should be more and more likely to jump the route and intercept it or at least swat it.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
[*]Run commit effectiveness. There is no reason why a guy in quarter dime can stop a run play up the middle simply by run committing.[/list]
Run commit drives me nuts. People will guess left when I run right and one of their players will still make a play in the backfield. Also, sometimes people will guess run when I'm passing and my receivers are still covered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »