Home

FIU Dominance

This is a discussion on FIU Dominance within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0
FIU Dominance

This has been mentioned on and off through the forum, but has anyone noticed FIU rising fast?

I have had two separate dynastys where FIU was playing for the national title within two years.

Wyoming Dynasty:
Year 1: FIU 12-0 (Lost in National Title game to Arkansas)
Year 2: FIU 11-1 (Lost in Fiesta Bowl)

Army Dynasty:
Year 1: FIU 11-1 (Lost in Sugar Bowl)
Year 2: FIU 12-0 (Made National Title game vs. Georgia)

Looking at their roster and sched. I can see year 1 where they might be good cause they really play no one. In year 2 tho, they drop off a lot but still have Rhodes Jr. who was a Heisman candidate every year. Year 2 of the Army Dynasty they beat Louisville, Virginia, Boise St and UCLA to make the title game.

I am not complaining and I love seeing a small school rise. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen FIU become a dominate power in their dynasty and would post the results.

*BTW= The rosters are CK11's which are part of the OS Community Rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: FIU Dominance

Every year, there's always that one team that seems to do amazing.

One thing that was brought to my attention was "Injuries". Try playing with "Injuries" off and this is something you probably won't see often. I was skeptical whenever I was told about this, but it seems to have one, fixed the upset issue (which wasn't a big deal to me because I liked seeing things shake up a lot).

Try it and see if it fixes this as well.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

fancyketchup's Arena

OVR: 1

Yep in the first year of my dynasty FIU went undefeated with a weak schedule. They played for the national title against Boise St. who was also undefeated. Boise St. beat them but it was a close game. I think FIU started strong again in year 2.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyketchup
Yep in the first year of my dynasty FIU went undefeated with a weak schedule. They played for the national title against Boise St. who was also undefeated. Boise St. beat them but it was a close game. I think FIU started strong again in year 2.
I've seen Boise State go to the national championship game 3 times in 2 road to glory QB's, crazy.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Yep first year in dynasty FIU jumped from #9 to #2 in 1 week and went to the championship game. (In case your wondering only 1 team in front of them lost that week and yet they still jumped all the other teams)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
TWC
Rookie

TWC's Arena

OVR: 2

For those who haven't been keeping up with the conference realignment mess, FIU is moving to Conference USA next year with North Texas. The game has the Sun Belt rated as being a very top-heavy conference, but it has been the most unpredictable conference in the FBS the last several years.

I've seen FIU in the top 25 in my dynasties, but never in the top 10 after moving them to CUSA. After moving Boise St. to the Big East along with the others, they always seem to fall off the map. I can't even recall them being ranked at all after the first couple of seasons.

However, I've been to the BCS title game 12 times over the course of several dynasties. I played Louisville and Army once each. The other 10 have been against Georgia.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Rookie

fancyketchup's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Yep first year in dynasty FIU jumped from #9 to #2 in 1 week and went to the championship game. (In case your wondering only 1 team in front of them lost that week and yet they still jumped all the other teams)
I think that is what happened in my dynasty also
Old 08-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
Banned

Pmoney327's Arena

It's like the one year where North Texas became a true juggernaut with their weak schedule and then having the computer some how out recruit Texas and OU for the best recruits in the area.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »