Home

Pet peeves

This is a discussion on Pet peeves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pet peeves

WRs slipping during rain games right as my QB throws the ball on timed routes (as the WR cuts).

O linemen who do not attack a LB on a run block. If there are 3 down lineman, instead of standing there, run the 3 yards past the line and block the LB like you did last year and every year before that!

Safeties who are playing man vs. a WR on the other side of the field, but for some reason decide to run straight back as if it were Cover 2/3 instead of even moving towards their man after the snap!!!

Safeties that stop and watch a WR catch an over the shoulder catch and walk it in for a TD because that man happens to be 2 feet outside their zone WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR!!

Safeties that change direction on a dime, run 25 yards and swat the ball away, while my 96 spd 96 acc WR could only cover 10 yards in that time.

The lack of any coverage in the game to stop the mid sideline throws. Zone = he is out of my zone, I will watch him catch it. Man = he cut as the ball was thrown and I tackled him after a 15 yard gain. I complete 10% of these throws, but the CPU completes 90%.

The inability of a star HB to break more than 1 tackle per play. If I use any moves to evade the first guy to get to me, 3 others gang #$%^ me before I can make it 2 more steps beyond him. I have resorted to just working the angles to get 2 more yards rather than using the hit stick for moves, which is a horrible thing to change for a football game.

O line attempting to block the 2nd or 3rd guy away from your man with the ball instead of the closest (and easiest). Resulting in a small gain instead of a huge one.

You can guess which of these only effect the CPU team and which only effect me.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #10
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Screens. I've had no lucky with HB screen this year unless I know there's a blitz. There's always one guy behind the screen no matter what
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

I noticed on read options the tackle will either cut all the way across the formation to block no one instead of going up field or block the read man and blow up the play.

QB Draw blocking needs to be the same as the HB Draw blocking. My line forms and pocket and never moves forward but one man will always shuffle in front of the lane I am going to take and shuffle in front of me until a defensive player can make a tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4

My RB on a blown-up screen pass breaking tackles like it was his job, but losing more yards because of the long animation playing out. Nothing like being a hero and turning a 4 yard loss into a 10 yard loss.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Runners getting "stuck" on offensive linemen trying to run between the tackles and the lead blockers not blocking anything and just standing in the way are the big ones for me.

Incomplete and horribly designed plays and playbooks are bothersome too.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #14
Rookie

justinturner54's Arena

OVR: 0

The blocking makes no sense in this game the run forward and if no ones there the turn d around no one does that that needs to be fixed and I hate when it rains it seems if I have a wr that's about to make a break and be wide the **** open boom slip his that infuriates me yo
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

OVR: 0

1. watching safeties, corner backs & line backers drop what looks like a easy to catch interception. EA sports be giving the non talented gamers 2nd & 3rd chances off of this when the ball should really be mines.
2. watching my fat idiot o linemen not blocking the corner or line backer when i do a halfback screen. I know darn well they see that the color of our jerseys are not the same so stop letting him by.
3. watching my running back or full back get stuck on a o linemen when im trying to run up the middle. that will usually result in a loss of yardage by the time I can get off them.
4. when my corner backs don't block the WR's during a punt return. 9 times out of 10 there will be a WR right in my return man face soon as he catches the punt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 05:26 AM   #16
Rookie

Manny_B214's Arena

OVR: 5

when i a safety r DB gets a imaginary speed boostand turns 100% IRL TD to Uh Oh! Interception
Attached Images
File Type: jpg are-you-serious1.jpg (30.1 KB, 27 views)
68Rec 948Yrds 11TD
95Rush 674Yrds 8TD
489Pass Yds 8TD 11INT

Senior Stats:
Curently Playing AAU Ball For The Dallas Longhorn Elie
PPG:14.2
RPG:7.6
APG:4.9
SPG:1.2
BLK:3.2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »