Home

EA should at least address this no huddle mess

This is a discussion on EA should at least address this no huddle mess within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: EA should at least address this no huddle mess

Yes it is frustrating because it can nearly cost you games ... But for us offline users, its funny that home or away, you always have to wait to get to the line, and then have a second pause, the QB will take a second or two to point around, and then it will freeze on you again as all the other players stand with their thumb up their ***. And the worst part, only users are affected. From what I have seen, the CPU just runs up to the line like normal, home or away, and never suffers the stupid animations.

Here is the thing, in real life, all of this stuff is discussed in the huddle before the start of the no-huddle offense. Anyone who has ever played football knows this. On the sideline you will discuss a handful of plays you will run and what their signal or verbal will be, that way when you get on the field it doesn't take you 10 seconds or so to get to the line and another 6-8 seconds to call the play. It is stuff practiced all week and then relayed again during the game. It's not a mystery when a team runs up the field that they have to start relaying code.

EA used to be the other way around, where a frequent player could go into the huddle, pick a play, and be at the line in 5 seconds because the game never accounted for running to the huddle or getting up the field. As far as I have seen, in the last minute of a game, this still exists. So why the stupid animations?

Last edited by rjsuperfly66; 08-20-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

The point of running an aggressive no huddle (Oregon, Oklahoma St, Etc.) is to prevent the Defense from getting set. Only allowing them to use base defenses therefore negating any strategic advantage the opposing DC may have. While creating easy reads for your QB. and miss-communication for the defense. Prio to the patch EA had done this right before deciding to break their own game. Because certain users where too good at it.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Yes it is frustrating because it can nearly cost you games ... But for us offline users, its funny that home or away, you always have to wait to get to the line, and then have a second pause, the QB will take a second or two to point around, and then it will freeze on you again as all the other players stand with their thumb up their ***. And the worst part, only users are affected. From what I have seen, the CPU just runs up to the line like normal, home or away, and never suffers the stupid animations.

Here is the thing, in real life, all of this stuff is discussed in the huddle before the start of the no-huddle offense. Anyone who has ever played football knows this. On the sideline you will discuss a handful of plays you will run and what their signal or verbal will be, that way when you get on the field it doesn't take you 10 seconds or so to get to the line and another 6-8 seconds to call the play. It is stuff practiced all week and then relayed again during the game. It's not a mystery when a team runs up the field that they have to start relaying code.

EA used to be the other way around, where a frequent player could go into the huddle, pick a play, and be at the line in 5 seconds because the game never accounted for running to the huddle or getting up the field. As far as I have seen, in the last minute of a game, this still exists. So why the stupid animations?
I agree but in this day and age there are so many way coaches use to get the play call in, when running a no-huddle. Some use the big boards with pictures. Others have signalers for all the different personnel groups to signal their calls in. Some call 10 plays in the prior huddle or on the sideline as you mention. But it's rare in this day and age to see WR walking around looking clueless before every snap.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #28
Rookie

Using that Oregon video (linked below) as an example in the 3 plays from the time the runner is down until they snap the ball is 10, 18, and 17 seconds respectively.

Now I'm not in the camp that no-huddle should take as long as it does now, but I do think a delay was needed. I just think they over-exaggerated it. I would be content if they got to the line, WRs and RBs did a quick look to the sideline while the QB made a signal to the OLine. Done. A few seconds at the most. Plenty of time for a defense to call a play and make adjustments.

In my opinion, it's just too long of a delay as is.

And there should NEVER be a delay on a spike. While the time it takes might be poor design, wasting time when trying to spike the ball is just plain wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1VvpEqLw-0
Old 08-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #29
Rookie

FranklinMVP's Arena

OVR: 1

This patch has completely ruined the game for me. The no huddle "fix" is the worst thing ever done to the franchise. I play off line and this makes the game unplayable. It makes no sense that I can audible at home without my receivers not hearing it, but I can't no huddle with the same play with out it taking 5 seconds for my receivers to hear it.

EA, you are seriously going to "fix" this but not the freezing (had the game freeze in coaching carousel again post update 2) or the instant replay glitches? You broke the game with this "fix". I understand that they may have needed to fix something for on-line play, but at least give those of us that love the franchise or RTG mode the ability to turn off that no-huddle non-sense. Worst patch ever. Is there a way to uninstall it?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 11

Soooo They "fixed" no huddle by breaking it, but my qb still lines up behind the center's left leg when undercenter, oh and hello robo qb with your super pass blocking oline!
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...

Last edited by frankrizzo380; 08-20-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

I'mtired of gaming companies continuing to nerf things and further ruining the game because they base everything off of quick play. Youre not going to get a good game playing against some random who exploits anything.

Why dont they take the feedback from the top leagues, or sites.

As long as theres a leaderboard, ranking system, etc, kids will continue their win by any means system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #32
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

In a roundabout fashion, this bug (I don't care what EA says, it is a BUG) led to winning a game last night. I was down 12-7, just used all my timeouts on D to get the ball back with like 22 seconds. I ended up at the -45 with 11 seconds left after a quick play. Knowing if I ran any play that didn't get out of bounds I'd be forced to no huddle and deal with this, I decided I would take an earlier shot at the end zone and see if my opponent would be in underneath coverage thinking I'd go short to set up a hail mary.

My slot WR blew past his coverage and I hit it over the top for a game winning hail mary TD. Had this glitch not existed, I would have gone underneath for 12-15 yards and then ran a shorter hail mary which he almost assuredly would have had a defense for.

Still this is unacceptable to be in the game. I get wanting to slow down the no huddle, but you have to remember that the game itself is shorter. 1 video game second is not 1 second of true life football. A 5 minute quarter game is one third the length of a real game, things have to be condensed and you have to have no huddle at the speed it was previously. If you're going to slow down the user no huddle, that means the rest of the game has to be slowed down equally. Meaning the clock shouldn't accelerate between plays, the CPU shouldn't be able to get to the line and snap it immediately and there should be more total plays in the game.

And from a personal opinion standpoint, I'd RATHER my online opponents run no huddle. I am almost exclusively an online player and when I face someone that runs no huddle from the start, I'm happy about it because I know I can expect no more than a handful of plays, increased fatigue and increased mistakes that only serve to help me win. Simply put, this only serves to hurt the legit online players who only go no huddle when they NEED a score in limited time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »