Home

Word is....EA Sports to give up exclusive rights to NCAA football games

This is a discussion on Word is....EA Sports to give up exclusive rights to NCAA football games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #41
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Word is....EA Sports to give up exclusive rights to NCAA football games

Ill tell you what.. After the last 2 years of NCAA Football put on the market by EA , I am willing to give ANYONE who makes a college football game a long hard look. And to add to that point even if the game isnt as good as NCAA Football 14 right away i will buy the "new" competitors game to support them if it looks like they have put in a good effort and they have serious plans to overthrow EA as the leader in NCAA football games..If it is clearly junk and just thrown together to try and make a buck, i wont buy ANY college football next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #42
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

That college football game that 2k put out was not great by any means. But, I don't think the same guys who worked on NFL 2k5 worked on the college game. But, what did impress me was how in ONE YEAR, 2k could FULLY implement the ESPN presentation. It was an exact replica of what you saw on ESPN at that time. This is the first year since EA has had the ESPN license that they actually used it correctly. it took 2k only one year. I'm not too concerned about what a 2k football game would be like should they make it. One thing I do know...I will definitely be in the front of the line to buy it! If we were to judge a future college football release off of their probasketball series, then you can bank on these things...

1) Presentation will be top notch.
2) Commentary will be top notch.
3) Dynasty Mode would be deep.
4) Customization would be on point.
5) Their patches would actually make the game better.

Their track record proves these things. I'm not pro 2k or EA. But, they do make my two favorite games and I would definitely welcome the competition.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #43
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ImF...feature=fvwrel

That is a video of All-Pro Football 2k8. Was it perfect? No. But look at the animations. The momentum, the blocking, the variation, the tackling. But that was a game in 2k8 that in many ways (besides graphically) was better than what EA has put up now. Except EA fans didn't buy it for what it was, and complain because they were actually challenged when it came to momentum and the changes.
I never could play that game because the graphics were terrible. But that blocking logic and those animations are incredible!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #44
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
That college football game that 2k put out was not great by any means. But, I don't think the same guys who worked on NFL 2k5 worked on the college game. But, what did impress me was how in ONE YEAR, 2k could FULLY implement the ESPN presentation. It was an exact replica of what you saw on ESPN at that time. This is the first year since EA has had the ESPN license that they actually used it correctly. it took 2k only one year. I'm not too concerned about what a 2k football game would be like should they make it. One thing I do know...I will definitely be in the front of the line to buy it! If we were to judge a future college football release off of their probasketball series, then you can bank on these things...

1) Presentation will be top notch.
2) Commentary will be top notch.
3) Dynasty Mode would be deep.
4) Customization would be on point.
5) Their patches would actually make the game better.

Their track record proves these things. I'm not pro 2k or EA. But, they do make my two favorite games and I would definitely welcome the competition.
I disagree w/ 3 and 4. The dynasty mode wasn't deep in their college football games, and EA always had deeper franchise modes in Madden than 2K. And w/ 4, they've never had deep customization options in their games. Unless you're talking editing a court in CH? 3 & 4 are not proven things unless you mean they've proven to not have those things in football games.

Guys I loved 2K football, but acting like it did everything right is just nostalgia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #45
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I disagree w/ 3 and 4. The dynasty mode wasn't deep in their college football games, and EA always had deeper franchise modes in Madden than 2K. And w/ 4, they've never had deep customization options in their games. Unless you're talking editing a court in CH? 3 & 4 are not proven things unless you mean they've proven to not have those things in football games.

Guys I loved 2K football, but acting like it did everything right is just nostalgia.
Did he say was or would be? So tired of people acting like 2K cant improve. I can almost guarantee you they'd build on the success of 2K5 & APF... Yes 2K's college efforts where bad back then but stop acting like it they would release the same game.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #46
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Did he say was or would be? So tired of people acting like 2K cant improve. I can almost guarantee you they'd build on the success of 2K5 & APF... Yes 2K's college efforts where bad back then but stop acting like it they would release the same game.
Read his post again. He said 2K had a proven track record w/ these things, which I showed they don't.

What the hell are they going to improve on? A game that's 5 years old? They'd have to build from the ground up. I'd hope they wouldn't use 2K5's engine. How can they improve on a game that is old and most the people that worked on are gone or are working on other things.

Some of you 2K guys are just as bad as the "EA fanboys".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #47
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
EA always had deeper franchise modes in Madden than 2K.
Depends on what you mean by "Deep presentation mode". NFL 2K5 and College Hoops 2K8 had incredible franchise modes.

Quote:
And w/ 4, they've never had deep customization options in their games.
You're right, except in the case of APF 2K8. That create-a-team function blew away anything Madden ever did.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #48
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
Depends on what you mean by "Deep presentation mode". NFL 2K5 and College Hoops 2K8 had incredible franchise modes.

You're right, except in the case of APF 2K8. That create-a-team function blew away anything Madden ever did.
I don't put presentation in the same category w/ actual franchise mode. Madden you import classes, set prices, hire/fire coaches, move teams, rebuild stadiums, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »