Home

new tuner today

This is a discussion on new tuner today within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: new tuner today

just my observation I just played 2 quarters then I had to get kids to bed, but I have been trying to tinker with pass coverage sliders for a week now tring to get right setting. ive been playing baylor vs smu and every time ive been playing every time I would call cover 2 wr would streak right on by and be open. I mean it was getting awful cpu would torch me for 450 plus yards and hit 70% of passes. I had coverage at 45 on heisman. Tonight I saw it happen 1 time on a cover 4 blown coverage. It seems like since tuner on cover 2 the safteys are staying back for me. Its just 2 quarters so will see, but thats what I noticed. Also I was holding cpu qb to around 52% completion rate at half
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #42
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Not really.......since they never even told us what the ORIGINAL TUNER did yet on launch day. Anyway I will get to the bottom of it.
Good looks skillz
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have a question and bare with me it might me a dumb one...

So far Ive noticed that if I disconnect my xbox live and play my offline dynasty I have no freezes. If I connect to my xbox live to download the latest patch then disconnect the xbox live will the patch still exist on the disk, sorry I dont really know how game patches work.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesDavis
I have a question and bare with me it might me a dumb one...

So far Ive noticed that if I disconnect my xbox live and play my offline dynasty I have no freezes. If I connect to my xbox live to download the latest patch then disconnect the xbox live will the patch still exist on the disk, sorry I dont really know how game patches work.
As long as you download it before disconnecting the patch/tuner will still work. Patches are downloaded to the hardrive, not the disk.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 08-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I am very close to doing that.
Me too!!! I'm so over it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 0
Yes lord the safetys play the deep ball better....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #47
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
You know I'm real tired of this being called a bug, everyone that does so obviously knows nothing of game design and how **** works. First with patches and tuners you can't add graphics you can just change the code. The fact that there should be a damn delay even in the best of college football no huddle offenses is a truism. Look at Oregon's offense, we can all agree that they are either the best no huddle or damn close too it. It takes them anywhere from 10 seconds on short plays like runs and options for short yardage, to as much as 200 seconds on longer plays to get in the new play and hike the ball.

Now with those two things in mind you can see what the DESIGN DECISION was, we can't add any graphics in a patch so let's use these graphics that are already in the game and change the code to also use them in the no huddle offense to simulate real life time it takes to run it. The only issue that still remains is addressing the spike clock play. That should never be a problem cause the line and qb move at the same time and run off one signal for it. The wrs know that signal too and know their only job becomes to lineup legally which is something that can go wrong but hardly ever does.

Now quit calling it a goddamn bug and if you must still bitch about it call it what it is, a design decision!
Then use the "look to the sideline" animation, which has been in the game for 2 or 3 years now and makes infinitely more sense than the "I CANT HEAR YOU, DURRRRRRR" animation they're using now because it's what players running no-huddle do in real life.

Really, I don't mind the idea of slowing down the no-huddle a bit. Just do it in a way that makes sense.

Last edited by capn_razzamataz; 08-24-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm hoping it'll fix the plays that are automagically down in the backfield just because they are, didn't you know that!
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »