Home

What happens to cut players?

This is a discussion on What happens to cut players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What happens to cut players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini519
That sounds incredibly boring just beating the AI by 70 every game because you take advantage of the poor AI logic. To each their own.
It's not about beating the team by 70, its about finding the best players and recruiting them.

Recruiting isn't easy, playing the game is. Its much harder to get everyone you want particularly in an online dynasty with friends that you can't just go after 10 guys because thats all you need, right?

Also, regardless of how you do it, by year 5 or 6 you are going to have a team that can dominate a computer, right? if so, you have to create other challenges which in my case is recruiting and putting together the best team available.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
Rookie

crazytoledo's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish EA would make this more realistic but I have my doubts (mainly because I doubt more than 5% at most even care about this).

But anyway, I would love for them to do a scholarship/walk-on system where you can get 85 players under scholly (just like real life). Now say if you're going to have 71 plays on scholarship next year you can only recruit 14 and so on.

Also, add in walk-ons with an option where you have a list of walk-ons you can allow to join your team, most bad but some good (long snappers, kickers and punters aren't always under scholarship in real life) so if you want a team of only 85 you could or you can up it to around 100 or so (Nebraska's team has around 140 players due to walk-ons in real life). As for walk-ons, you can reward them with scholarships (if avail.) at the beginning of the season and some might leave for non-football issues and what not

It'd be sweet but I doubt we'll ever see it
Old 08-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I didn't say to recruit inferior players. I said not to sign 20 guys (or 10 guys or 5 guys) that you're going to cut anyway.
Well I usually max out my scholarships every year. Never know when somebody is going to get that season ending bs. Plus i usually cut older players who haven't developed how i've liked.. lol
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

The CPU always ends up recruiting players I just cut anyways, if a playeris decent enough overall I usually write down all their info and reinsert them as a CAP into next seasons recruit class minus a year and add some points to simulate progression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »