Home

Are there any more tuners or patches in the works?

This is a discussion on Are there any more tuners or patches in the works? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #33
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Are there any more tuners or patches in the works?

Makes sense, considering Trent Richardson weighs 230 and only has 72 strength.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #34
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah, after about a week with Madden, NCAA has been a little bit harder to play (and this is coming from someone who really likes the game). There are too many issues when compared to other sports titles out there that it's almost depressing to think it won't catch up in terms of gameplay for at least another year. At least physics 2.0 is on the way.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 08-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah my post was just about the deep ball. Sorry, I don't want to wait for 14 - and I hate wish lists. My main gripe that is making or break this game FOR ME, is the deep ball issue. Everything else being addressed is just bonus - but at this point, I'm just venting. If I post a wishlist like what you posted GMS, it'll just come down to the devs saying "there wasn't enough time" or "there was no room left". Yeah, that's why wishlists are worthless and EA obviously can't multitask, so I make each post to focus on ONE thing that needs attention ASAP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Seeing Running Backs break multiple tackles on a simple swing pass - In NCAA 13, RB would be tackled on the 1st hit majority of the time.
Here is my problem. The HB can break 1 tackle, but at most gains 2 more yards before being swarmed by 3 guys at once. I have resorted to the "speed run" game where I run for space, knowing I will get hammered at one point, rather than attack the closest guy knowing if I get beyond him its a TD. I know as soon as I juke, stiff arm, or spin I may miss that 1 guy, but I am slowed down so much the other 3 close and stop me.

My longest runs in this years game have been when I ran into the back of an offensive lineman and was "stuck" for a second, as the rest of my team ran downfield and blocked. I then weave around them, hit the sidelines and beat the safety to the corner.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #37
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Have they added the patch, yet, that has the uniform updates? I've been holding off on starting my Arkansas dynasty all month long waiting for the new uniforms. Am I missing something? Have they been patched in yet or what do I have to do to get them?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #38
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
Have they added the patch, yet, that has the uniform updates? I've been holding off on starting my Arkansas dynasty all month long waiting for the new uniforms. Am I missing something? Have they been patched in yet or what do I have to do to get them?
Uniform store doesn't open until some time in September.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Here is my problem. The HB can break 1 tackle, but at most gains 2 more yards before being swarmed by 3 guys at once. I have resorted to the "speed run" game where I run for space, knowing I will get hammered at one point, rather than attack the closest guy knowing if I get beyond him its a TD. I know as soon as I juke, stiff arm, or spin I may miss that 1 guy, but I am slowed down so much the other 3 close and stop me.

My longest runs in this years game have been when I ran into the back of an offensive lineman and was "stuck" for a second, as the rest of my team ran downfield and blocked. I then weave around them, hit the sidelines and beat the safety to the corner.
I've had a handful of runs, (rarely I admit, maybe 1 in 10 games) where on a stretch or toss play, if I hit spin just as I'm being tackled I may get an animation where my RB will, while in an arm tackle, take an extremely exaggerated drawn out spin in the opposite direction of the run.

While this happens most of the CPU defense pursues, and ones that would logically make a tackle, due to programming nothing can disrupt the animation so 5-6 guys run right by. By the time the animation finishes there will be a HUGH hole in the opposite direction...with maybe the saftey being the only defender between me and the endzone. Usually that saftey will be blocked by a WR or OL and bam... 60-70 yards to the house.

Now yes, this is mostly only possible due to programming...but at the same time any given weekend in real life a RB or two will start a run one way break a tackle, reverse field and get a block for a long gain...so it feels kind of realistic.

I do hate when my RB on a swing pass has no chance if the CB is within 10 yards... At worse it should be 50/50 the RB can juke the cb and get 7 yards before the next defender...but nope, not in EA Sports universe, where all college CBs can square up on 230lbs RBs and tackle them with ease
Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 13
I just downloaded a new tuner...wonder when that dropped (usually I mash X to avoid connecting to EA servers)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »