Home

Coaching Sliders As It Pertains To The Screen Game

This is a discussion on Coaching Sliders As It Pertains To The Screen Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Coaching Sliders As It Pertains To The Screen Game

I know that before the real season started, we all had gripes about the amount of screens the CPU teams were running. Well, I watched my squad today...their first game under Larry Fedora run the no huddle spread and:

1st play of the game WR Screen
3rd play of the game WR Screen
1st TD of the game...Gio Bernard motions out of the backfield to the right in the slot and...you guessed...Mid Screen for 6.

UNC ran a total of 8 screens today. I also watched other games across the country today, especially Spread teams and I saw a lot of screen action. So, maybe we were a little bit wrong. I know it can be overkill with the CPU sometimes, but I don't think it needs t be toned down as much as we thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coaching Sliders As It Pertains To The Screen Game

Problem really wasn't the amount of screens. The problem was that it resulted in a sack 90% of the time for the CPU. So instead of EA fixing the issue with the QB holding the ball too long on screen plays they simply toned down the amount of times the play is called.

It was the heavy amount of sacks is what made people sick of seeing screens. But typical EA fashion they put on a band aide on something instead of fixing the root of the problem.

Same thing with the option game. They didn't fix the blocking assignments, instead they just slowed down the pursuit of the LBs.

Hurry up offense......instead of fixing the issue online, they instead made everybody wait 10 seconds to snap the ball instead of fixing the root of the problem, which was it was causing people defense to automatically revert to a 4-3 defense.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Coaching Sliders As It Pertains To The Screen Game

A lot of scoring too and plays ran. It is hard to find sliders that can even match what happen this 1st week. Oregon putting up 50 in about a half, Bama 21pts on Mich the 1st qtr, Miami and BC put up points, Cuse and NW. We had a few games that were defensive battles but not many.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »