Home

Player's leaving Error Know one Talk's about

This is a discussion on Player's leaving Error Know one Talk's about within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Player's leaving Error Know one Talk's about

The game has parameters based on ht/weight that a player must fit within for them to be draft eligible, from there it takes the top ranked players that fit within those parameters. In a way it's a reasonable way to do it. Awards and the like don't factor into it. Andrew Luck statistically wasn't the best quarterback last year but he was a unanimous top pick. Stats do not equal NFL success or even getting into the draft. Look at guys like Timmy Chang, Graham Harrell, Case Keenum, Colt Brennan etc. They had huge passing stats and only two on that list are even on a NFL roster, and aren't any threat to start.

Is it entirely realistic? Not at all, but they could've done a lot worse. I would've liked to see stats/awards have better implementation, but considering how weird the defensive sim stats [mainly looking at tackle numbers] are, I guess it's not terrible. It's too easy to win defensive awards at any school.

Next onto the freshman, what OVR were they, what stars were they when they came in? Your complaining they are leaving but it happens a lot in real life, yeah the game doesn't do the best job of factoring in the upcoming depth chart, but it is pretty cool that stockpiling talent isn't an option any more, actually having to recruit someone to be a viable backup option adds more to the recruiting in my opinion, forces you to sift through the prospect list more and not just go through their star ratings and pull in the best available every year.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't no. Maybe there's know reason for them to stay you no? Matt Barkely stayed. Andrew Luck stayed. Both were considered top 5 picks.

Sometimes you no they no the college life and getting a quality noledge is key. Agree or know?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The game has parameters based on ht/weight that a player must fit within for them to be draft eligible, from there it takes the top ranked players that fit within those parameters. In a way it's a reasonable way to do it. Awards and the like don't factor into it. Andrew Luck statistically wasn't the best quarterback last year but he was a unanimous top pick. Stats do not equal NFL success or even getting into the draft. Look at guys like Timmy Chang, Graham Harrell, Case Keenum, Colt Brennan etc. They had huge passing stats and only two on that list are even on a NFL roster, and aren't any threat to start.

Is it entirely realistic? Not at all, but they could've done a lot worse. I would've liked to see stats/awards have better implementation, but considering how weird the defensive sim stats [mainly looking at tackle numbers] are, I guess it's not terrible. It's too easy to win defensive awards at any school.

Next onto the freshman, what OVR were they, what stars were they when they came in? Your complaining they are leaving but it happens a lot in real life, yeah the game doesn't do the best job of factoring in the upcoming depth chart, but it is pretty cool that stockpiling talent isn't an option any more, actually having to recruit someone to be a viable backup option adds more to the recruiting in my opinion, forces you to sift through the prospect list more and not just go through their star ratings and pull in the best available every year.
Thanks for better explanation

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
So you're mad because you're forced to keep good players and your team is too good?

Why not just.... cut them? Or better yet, edit them to be Seniors before you get to the offseason so they graduate.
Not sure if serious. I didn't know you could edit a players classification on your roster. How do you do this? If this was a joke or sarcasmjust ignore.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 AM   #13
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp801
Not sure if serious. I didn't know you could edit a players classification on your roster. How do you do this? If this was a joke or sarcasmjust ignore.
Can you edit their class in the online dynasties too?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

quite often you will have youth that will transfer following a freshman redshirt, if the depth chart shows them that they aren't going to touch the field and they were a 3* on a 5*+ team... why not transfer and get 4 years at a 3*- team where they will play?

My alma mater Texas has had a massive "problem" with freshman QB transferring through the years. Jevan Snead, GJ Kinne and Connor Wood are the 3 most recent, not including Garret Gilbert who transferred as a Junior.

as for players returning, not all record setting Juniors leave early nor do award winners. although remember in the NCAA a player has to be 3 years removed from highschool to enter the draft. so if your stud player was a sophmore he might not be eligible to enter the draft yet.

as for our dynasty, we had a mixed bag. most of us were losing frosh transfers but Michigan State was set to lose 9 players, juniors set for mid-round picks and frosh transfers but he convinced 4 to stay including LeVeon Bell.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you want a player to declare just recruit that same position when they are a junior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
Lot's of nice ncaa glitches and error's but everyone who's played multiple seasons should know the logic for players leaving is not flawed but broken.

1) Besides the Redshirted freshman who transfer because of "playing time" their redshirt year
2) Simply most always i have juniors rated 85-93 ovr, who play great and/or WIN AWARDS and they NEVER show on players leaving > leading to a highly over-inflated team the following season.
3) Then you have the i played mediocre let me leave early players with 8 tackles and 3int its ridicilous
4a) I personally don't return any players 94ovr or above or 3rd rd draft picks or higher
4b) yet i'm forced to have this juggernaut because the logic is so messed up I look around the league next season and the heisman winner returned (often if they juniors), like 4 juniors who won awards (on my team alone), my school record setting WR who i let run off into the sunset...yet returned

I guess everyone loves getting their best players back every year so they don't talk about this. I almost re maid those players this season to be other people it was so annoying, how will my young guns ever play.I know it won't be patched jus sayin it's there.
I hate to say it, but there's a difference between "broken" and "annoying".

If I really wanted to scour the internet, I could probably find a dozen real-life examples to argue each point you made above. Actually, I'll just name a few off the top of my head right now:

I numbered your points above for easy reference:

1) Players transfer all the time in NCAA due to believing they wont play much on their team, even after they redshirt. If you're a HB and you sit out a year, hoping to have a shot at a starting job, then your school recruits the top HB in the nation the following year, why wouldn't you transfer?

2) Tim Tebow, Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley and probably dozens more players stay after they win awards or are considered superstar prospects at their respective positions. This past off-season in my NCAA dynasty with Wisconsin, I had 8 Juniors or JR RS, a majority of which won awards, all declare for the draft. I talked most of them back because I had no depth, but you wouldn't have to if you don't want to. It happens and it's happened to me numerous times in NCAA 13. I even let 3 guys transfer that I didn't want to talk them back.

3) Bryce Brown is the prime example here. He had like 2 carries for KSU and then left and got drafted by the Eagles. It happens. The NFL drafts fliers. Maurice Clarett is another example of a player who got drafted without having a good previous year. How bad was his previous year? He didn't even play a snap. Still got drafted in the 3rd round.

4a and 4b) If you don't want superstar teams, then recruit worse players. Or cut the guys you think should have gone pro. Sure, occasionally there are players that should get drafted but don't, or should go pro but don't, but that's more of an outlier than an all out broken game logic issue.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-17-2012 at 07:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »