Home

i have read the reviews...

This is a discussion on i have read the reviews... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Carolinasimo's Arena

OVR: 1
i have read the reviews...

now i want the really reviews. is this game worth getting? on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best. what score would you give it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: i have read the reviews...

I would give the game a 2 or a 3.

You have to take off multiple points for thgame being unplayable on Heisman and All-American mode due to horrible safety logic leaving streaks wide open every play.

You have to deduct a point or 2 for broken sliders and penalties not working correctly.

You have to take off a point for the AI option being broken and resulting in a loss of yards nearly every time.

You have to take a point off for the sim engine flaws with way too many upsets and the AI only scheduling 11 games.

By the time you take off the deductions, you are sitting at 2 or 3 on my scale.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Maybe someone will disagree with me, but I'd just say pick up NCAA 12. I thought that last years version was bad, but I feel this one has a multitude of bugs and glitches that make it downright annoying. My favorite addition to the game is probably scouting and that's not worth $60.

I have "wdf was that?" moments on a game basis. I have plays where I'm covering a player and I magically teleport away from him leaving him wide open. My biggest gripe is probably broken controls, many times I try to swat or intercept and my player doesn't even respond.

Last edited by N.C.State; 09-18-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Carolinasimo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I would give the game a 2 or a 3.

You have to take off multiple points for thgame being unplayable on Heisman and All-American mode due to horrible safety logic leaving streaks wide open every play.

You have to deduct a point or 2 for broken sliders and penalties not working correctly.

You have to take off a point for the AI option being broken and resulting in a loss of yards nearly every time.

You have to take a point off for the sim engine flaws with way too many upsets and the AI only scheduling 11 games.

By the time you take off the deductions, you are sitting at 2 or 3 on my scale.
man... off to a rough start... sounds like madden might be the better option so far.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
The game is playable on heisman.. And it's way better thn 12.. Or any next gen ncaa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinasimo
now i want the really reviews. is this game worth getting? on a scale of 1-10, 10 being best. what score would you give it?
Until they fix the saftey & db glitch it's not worth getting IMO.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Yep safety glitch, busted sliders, and, for me at least, the "custom sounds black out" bug make this game near a disaster. I could look past some of these issues, but the safety glitch is the real game killer for me. This doesn't seem to effect Varsity level as much, but honestly for me the challenge isn't truly there after a few games on this level. I would say pass unless they fix the safety bug.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

The safety issue could be sliders just as much as difficulty. I'm barely seeing it on the sliders I use, I've noticed it on others.

It's a pretty solid game, I find it better than Madden, but I like College football more than the NFL. Both titles are solid and by far the best entries in the series [especially considering the current gen]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »