Home

The pass rush is awful.

This is a discussion on The pass rush is awful. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The pass rush is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLanky
i have found that the CPU pass rush is ridiculous compared to my USER pass rush...it could be all the "Jumped the Snap" that the CPU does...i never use it when i'm on defense...

speaking of which: has anyone found a work-around to make the CPU stop the "Jumped the Snap"?...it's extremely irritating when trying to run the ball and not be able to get out of the backfield 75% of the time because of it.
If you mix up your snap count it helps. You can draw them offsides, and once you do that a few times they generally don't try to jump the snap as much. If you aren't snapping on 1 every time they don't try to time it as much. It won't totally eliminate it, but definitely slow them down a lot.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
ehh, I don't technically agree. You could try messing around with some sliders though. I mean in an OD I'm in we're playing on default sliders and my team leads the nation in sacks and only seven games in one DE (Clowney) has 21.5 Sacks.
obviously your a cheeser or playing with him as a user sooooo you don't have to agree with him having a problem with sacks. You didn't answer his call for help at all.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLanky
i have found that the CPU pass rush is ridiculous compared to my USER pass rush...it could be all the "Jumped the Snap" that the CPU does...i never use it when i'm on defense...

speaking of which: has anyone found a work-around to make the CPU stop the "Jumped the Snap"?...it's extremely irritating when trying to run the ball and not be able to get out of the backfield 75% of the time because of it.
thats's pretty much it..For USER (cpu controlled) and CPU DLineman they really ONLY get pressure when they "Jump Snap" and you see it on the score bar. Otherwise to get pressure you have to user control or blitz. Unfortunately they hardly get pressure with just a front 3 or 4. That about the gist of it.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
thats's pretty much it..For USER (cpu controlled) and CPU DLineman they really ONLY get pressure when they "Jump Snap" and you see it on the score bar. Otherwise to get pressure you have to user control or blitz. Unfortunately they hardly get pressure with just a front 3 or 4. That about the gist of it.
yea i find this so annoying cuz if i have a dline with the avg over of about 90 they should get this sporadic roid rage lol but noooo a computer with a 76 does smh so i controlled one dt all year and got 31.5 sacks with 4 games to go wen you include bowl week n conf championship ....
Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominique314
yea i find this so annoying cuz if i have a dline with the avg over of about 90 they should get this sporadic roid rage lol but noooo a computer with a 76 does smh so i controlled one dt all year and got 31.5 sacks with 4 games to go wen you include bowl week n conf championship ....
That "roid rage" is the jump the snap being a bit too effective. That feature should have been a 1 year thing like QB vision was in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
That "roid rage" is the jump the snap being a bit too effective. That feature should have been a 1 year thing like QB vision was in Madden.
well they should take it out likoe smeone said ..are atleast have it were both teams do it at the same frequency
Old 10-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #23
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

This game should be based off ratings. The problem is this game is based off of sliders, and not just sliders but broken sliders. This development team tries to appease the entire fan base thus dumbing this game down. The animations codes need reworked. The entire line animations/interactions are awful.

Lots of work to be done to get this game playing more realistically. Get away from the arcade feel of this game.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77
This game should be based off ratings. The problem is this game is based off of sliders, and not just sliders but broken sliders. This development team tries to appease the entire fan base thus dumbing this game down. The animations codes need reworked. The entire line animations/interactions are awful.

Lots of work to be done to get this game playing more realistically. Get away from the arcade feel of this game.
Yep, I agree. The players should play like their counterparts out of the box and if you want to dumb that down with sliders thats fine, just make sure the sliders work.

I'll go back to Super Tecmo Bowl.....You knew who the great players were because they were always making plays. Reggie White and Lwrence Taylor would wreak havoc. Ronnie Lott was all over the place. Dan Marino had an accurate gun and Barry Sanders would Break long runs even if you had the correct defense called.

On the flip side, Tony Eason had no zip on the ball, your average runningback would just be average.

The engine on this game is broke and you can't tell great players from bums half of the time. If I'm going up against a Great Run stopper Middle Linebacker, I don't have to call plays to neutralize him. I don't really have to run away from a dominate left side of the line if the defense has a great DT and DE on the left side for example.

Its almost like the team rating makes more difference than the individual players. I know that shouldn't make much sense because the sum of the player ratings should = the team rating, but I just don't see dominate players stand out.

Back on the PS2, I remember having to gameplan against Julius Peppers. Darren Sproles ran around like a pinball.

The only thing I really have to gameplan around in this game is a good scrambling QB and usually put a spy on him, but thats because the pass rush is frogged up. I could put King Kong at Left Defensive end and it wouldn't matter if the AI had Gary Coleman playing left tackle, King Kong wouldn't get any pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »