Home

Lost when it comes to sliders

This is a discussion on Lost when it comes to sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Lost when it comes to sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
It evens goes much deeper than this...There are too many gameplay issues to mention, but if the game played like a real college game out of the box and then we had working sliders that actually had visible effects we could all customiz e the game to our liking.

I will say this...Take QBA for example...It has really strange effects on the game, but if I put it at 0 or 100 the QB still throws the ball right on the receivers hands 99% of the time. The WR catch slider works, I can visibly see the effects. But unfortuunately, if 1 slider is broken, like the clipping slider or QBA slider, the integrity of the entire system has to be called into question.
The QBA slider for hum is my main gripe. Have you ever found a realistic setting for this? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
The QBA slider for hum is my main gripe. Have you ever found a realistic setting for this? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
I keep mine on zero and CPU Pass defense on 100 , even with increased speed (80 to 100) it's still way to accurate, on all difficulties from Varsity to Heisman).Only time when i see any difference is when i lower pass block to nothing , so CPU can freely sack my QB on every play...

I believe that it's probably very unlikely that they will ever "fix" it, actually i believe they intentionally boosted that since when you play the game you see CPU mindlessly keep throwing into double, triple , multiple coverages.

If accuracy was not boosted there would be at least dozen of interceptions on each game even with INT on 0.

To counter that they made blocking to stink in order to hurry up the QB and possibly lower the completion rate..Well it didn't work...

I know, very lazy programing way to get around the issue...
Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #11
Rookie

downsouthgamer's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks everybody for the advice....Maybe i can find the right set or just lv the sliders on default like Husker said....Well looks like my off day is gonna be dedicated to trying to make this game play the way i want it to
NLF:Tennessee Titans
NBA:Memphis Grizzles
NHL:Nashville Predators
MLB:Atlanta Braves
MLB:Cincinnati Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I am lost with sliders now too. My OD which is split evenly between user v user and user v CPU games had a somewhat decent AA slider set that we felt played well across both game modes. But starting about a week ago the game completely changed on us. No changes to gameplay sliders were made, only a change of the holding penalty slider from 55 to 53. Now I find it hard to believe 2 notches of a penalty slider completely destroyed gameplay, but who knows.

We went from having decently competitive CPU games and smooth and realistic user v user games to 60 point shootouts for CPU games and user v user games that suffer from miserable route mirroring, horrible pursuit angles and tons of dropped passes and INT's. I'm just confused. I hate to change the sliders mid season but I'm getting close to going 50's across the board on AA or Heisman and calling it a day, minus a tweak or two.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

the sliders and difficulty in general made me give up on this poor excuse of a 60$ game a long time ago...something needs to be done...like looman said "change is good" this title needs monumental CHANGE across the board to survive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »