Home

Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
CB/S

Anyone know the dynamics with switching CBs to S's? Ive been thinking about going this route in my ODs to see if I can get a little more coverage in my dbackfield. Am looking preferably at getting higher mcv and zcv back tbere to see if it helps with tbe deeo ball against other users?

Anyone tried this or have any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: CB/S

You may see a drop in AWR rating
Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Anyone know the dynamics with switching CBs to S's? Ive been thinking about going this route in my ODs to see if I can get a little more coverage in my dbackfield. Am looking preferably at getting higher mcv and zcv back tbere to see if it helps with tbe deeo ball against other users?

Anyone tried this or have any thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
get aths or fs/ss with speeds of atleast 90 and man and zone coverage of 80..
with my mizzou team n my od all my fs have speeds of aleast 93 and man coverages of about 80 same goes for my ss but they have more hit power..also once you get a steady supply of safeties and corners like this bout time they became seniors or wat not theirs speeds will be about a 96 with man coverages of about 94 min..throwing it deep will almost be ******** cuz youll get there just as quick as your friends lol n pick it unless the game cheats

i have a combined 7 fs ss that are true freshman with overall of atleast 78 un-redshirted
Old 09-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's been my understanding -- via some threads here and in other forums -- that the most important attributes for SS are zone coverage and tackle, with speed following IMO as I am always concernced w/ the pass-happy offenses and speed of opposing WRs along with play rec/pursuit for tackling downfield.

Following these concepts for my own recruiting -- and attacking SSs on other teams w/o these same attributes (I always know the SPD ##s of opposing SS/FS which I feel helps me when HB breaks past 1st two levels of D) -- seems to have worked very well. Not sure if I'd go the CB-to-SS route, though a FS-to-SS conversion might be worth taking a look at.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1

I like running the 4-2-5 defense with smaller schools because it allows me to utilize safeties more. It gives me more speed on the field and im able to slide my DB's and safeties around based on the needs of my defense. My point being tho that its not the position you switch the player from its the skill set of the player and the position you are switching them to that matter.
New York Yankees

" WIN THE DAY "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Cynick's Arena

OVR: 0

CB and FS are usually interchangeable, with an initial hit to AWR when you first make the change. SS is different though, in this game CB and FS will not translate well to SS, usually. Most often LB and SS are interchangeable, which is really whack IMO, and I noticed that streaks up the right(SS) side of the field beat the safety more often. It still happens on the left (FS) side but not as often, in my experience. My suggestion would be to just recruit normally and sub in a better coverage DB at SS if you feel you need to, but if you try to do a position change you're gonna tank the CB/FS OVR and AWR.

Last edited by Cynick; 09-28-2012 at 04:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »