Home

Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!!

This is a discussion on Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I'm using Texas A&M as my control control subject. I've edited Awareness across the board with no player under 75. All Americans and Impact players are in the mid to high 90's. Raising awareness is not an option. You must do this to see a better game. I've lowered agility 15 points for every player. This adds weight and momentum which in turn creates a less "choppy", "robotic" feel to the game. If the player tendency changes I don't worry about it unless it's a QB. In that case I stop at the last number before the tendency changes. A lot of times we get caught up in what a player's listed tendency is when we should really be paying attention to the player's skill set as a whole. For example. If you have a speed receiver and lower his agility 15-20 points without a change in tendency, it most likely means the guy's catch ratings are too low to classify him as balanced. Look at the whole picture.

QB Throw Accuracy was lowered. 10 points for scrambles, 7 for Balanced and 5 for Pocket Passers. The QB Accuracy slider does not affect throw accuracy too much. In testing I have seen that it improves QB decision making for the CPU. I max it out to 100. This helps QB's make good reads, but with the lower accuracy ratings you will see more overthrows and bad throws, especially when they are pressured. I used to think this slider was reversed until I started doing hard core testing CPU-CPU.

Ball Carrier Vision was increased across the boards. This helps all runners from QBs to WRs use more of the field and make better decisions when choosing running lanes. You will also notice ball carries use their blocks more effectively and I'm serious when I say it's like night and day. Higher Ball carrier Vision allows QB's to run wide when they scramble instead of always running up the middle straight into a DT. The biggest improvement I have seen is QBs will make much better decisions on the speed option. they will hold the ball until the very last minute before they pitch. They are also more likely to keep the ball. This helps the speed option tremendously, but it is not a complete fix. Raising BCV is a must!!! Raise BCV for impact players to the mid 90s to see them shine like stars. You can raise BCV for Def players as well to help them run the ball after a turnover (optional). Many returners are DBs and you can raise their BCV as well (optional).

Raise Pursuit for the Off players. I learned this from Playmakers last year. This acts as a hustle rating and you will notice when Off players have higher PUR ratings they will really attack defenders when blocking down field. This helps improve the potential for the "home run" play without raising the RB ability slider. Raising or lowering the RB ability slider is the worst slider adjustment a person can make IMO. PUR also seems to give Off players the will to keep the ball away from the Def. Just as it helps the Def find the ball. I raise line up to the 60's, QBs and TEs to the 70s and RBs and WRs to the 80s. You will notice the default settings for the defense are very similar. DBs are in the 80s, LBs in the 70s, so and and so forth. Raising Off player PUR is not optional.

Making players perform closer to real life.

Power Backs
  • Raise Trucking. Use your own scale based on player skill, weight, exp, strength, impact player, etc.
  • Lower Jukes and Spin moves to the 50s and 60s to see them less frequently without completely eliminating it from the player repertoire.
  • Raise Stiff Arm.
  • Lower Elusiveness.
Remember Trucking and Stiff Arm needs to be higher than Juke and Spin. There should be a noticeable difference. When you adjust the ratings you will see the bar change color. A good way to balance this is to always make sure your Juke and Spin bar colors are different from the Trucking and Stiff Arm bar colors. I keep Elusiveness low in the yellow bar range. The animation for it is the same for trucking and it will make your runner lose balance (Credit to Skillz for that). I don't like it and I even lower it for Speed backs.

Real life example: Christine Michael. If you got to Youtube and check his highlights you will see he is a quick footed, powerful, physical runner. One cut and go. By default he does not run like this on the game. So I lowered his Juke, Elusiveness and Spin (Kept Spin a little higher to see it every now and then), raised his Trucking and Stiff Arm and he runs so much more like real life. All of this added with the other edits makes the game much sweeter.

Balanced Backs
  • Leave as is with tweaks for personal preference.
Speed Backs
  • Raise Juke and Spin
  • Lower Trucking
  • Lower Elusiveness (same animation as Trucking, thus the confusion as to why Speed backs run the way they do).
  • Lower Stiff Arm.
I learned this from TarHeelPhenom, so credit to that dude. Speedy shifty backs need to have very high Spin and Juke ratings to perform closer to real life. This added with their low Trucking and Stiff arm ratings will force them to lean on their higher rated moves.

Keep in mind the HB guide is not absolute. There are some Power Backs that are really shifty and you have some speed backs with good power, so it's up to you how you want to attack this. The same guide works for WRs. If you want big tall WRs to rely more on their Stiff Arm raise it above the other tendencies and lower Spin and Juke.

The only edits needed for the defensive side of the ball would be agility ratings. IMO the read and react defense has made the defense less responsive. We complained for years about super LBs and psychic DBs swatting balls without looking, we finally got it, but it made the game much EASIER. Add the DB glitch in to the mix and now you really have a problem getting competitive games from the CPU. I think the complete overhaul that is recommended by MadSkillz would make the game perfect, but this short version can help "save" the game for those who don't want to take the extra time. Keep in mind that all you need to do is edit your team before dynasty and any team that is on your schedule before a game. That is not all that bad.
Hey Sundown, thanks for taking the time to post this information, this is awesome. I am going to do some tweeking, hopefully I can fix the QB accuracy issue. Also, I wonder if changing the safeties AWR or Zone Coverage would help the deep ball glitch. Thanks again, good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #26
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Hey Sundown, thanks for taking the time to post this information, this is awesome. I am going to do some tweeking, hopefully I can fix the QB accuracy issue. Also, I wonder if changing the safeties AWR or Zone Coverage would help the deep ball glitch. Thanks again, good stuff.
Raising awareness across the board improves the game drastically. If there is one edit that you could do to change the game the most this would be it. Nothing helps the DB glitch or the Hum QB accuracy. I tested last night. You will see reduced QB accuracy in CPU-CPU games, which in turn opens up more catch animations, but the HUM QB is just glitched to be more accurate regardless of sliders or edits. As far as the DB glitch nce the CPU goes into zone aggressive mode in their gameplan its game over. Nothing can be done about it (besides Fist's sliders). Player edits and coaching philosophy edits do nothing to help.

In CPU games once I see a team goes into AGG zone gameplan I switch it back to balanced, but this won't be an option once a dynasty starts if you want to switch to the other team.

I also want to add if you edit a speed back it is ok to leave his elusiveness high but lower their break tackle down to the 70s. I said before that I lowered their elusiveness as well, but that just makes them perform more powerfully when breaking tackles if there break tackle is high. They take a couple of points hit when lowering the break tackle down to the 70s if they are an elite back, but you can get those points back by jacking up their elusiveness, juke, and spin. Also one more important note. If you want a player to perform more than one move on a consistent basis make those ratings equal or very close to equal in value.

Juke 94
Spin 94

Trucking 91
Stiff Arm 91

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-08-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Raising awareness across the board improves the game drastically. If there is one edit that you could do to change the game the most this would be it. Nothing helps the DB glitch or the Hum QB accuracy. I tested last night. You will see reduced QB accuracy in CPU-CPU games, which in turn opens up more catch animations, but the HUM QB is just glitched to be more accurate regardless of sliders or edits. As far as the DB glitch nce the CPU goes into zone aggressive mode in their gameplan its game over. Nothing can be done about it (besides Fist's sliders). Player edits and coaching philosophy edits do nothing to help.

In CPU games once I see a team goes into AGG zone gameplan I switch it back to balanced, but this won't be an option once a dynasty starts if you want to switch to the other team.

I also want to add if you edit a speed back it is ok to leave his elusiveness high but lower their break tackle down to the 70s. I said before that I lowered their elusiveness as well, but that just makes them perform more powerfully when breaking tackles if there break tackle is high. They take a couple of points hit when lowering the break tackle down to the 70s if they are an elite back, but you can get those points back by jacking up their elusiveness, juke, and spin. Also one more important note. If you want a player to perform more than one move on a consistent basis make those ratings equal or very close to equal in value.

Juke 94
Spin 94

Trucking 91
Stiff Arm 91
Thanks for the Info, I am going to start editing rosters. Stupid question though, how do you know the defense is switching to an aggresive zone gameplan? Also, did some testing on autopass, I lowered QB awareness from 78 to 50 and saw a sharp decline in the completion percentage.

Any idea on how to tighten CPU pass coverage without editing ratings? Obviously the pass coverage slider is broke too.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #28
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Thanks for the Info, I am going to start editing rosters. Stupid question though, how do you know the defense is switching to an aggresive zone gameplan? Also, did some testing on autopass, I lowered QB awareness from 78 to 50 and saw a sharp decline in the completion percentage.

Any idea on how to tighten CPU pass coverage without editing ratings? Obviously the pass coverage slider is broke too.
That's an interesting find Buckeye. I definitely see the truth in the QB accuracy going down based on awareness level because it definitely affects sim game QB stats. This was tested by Ark, the guy who came up with this year's coaching sliders. Let me ask so I won't be confused. Did you lower the AWR of the HUM QB in coach mode or were you playing HUM-CPU? I would think about doing this in coach mode, but a 50 AWR would kill the QB in the read option/ speed option aspect of the game, but at the same time you do have some control over the situation. Currently at work, but will test this after my morning workout.

To tighten CPU pass coverage lower it down to 0. I trust Fistof Rage on that. I see a much tighter game in the secondary when the CPU Cov slider is set to 0.

The defense usually switches to the AGG gameplan at the end of halfs and surprisingly in fourth down situations from what I've seen. I've noticed that with edited coaching sliders on CPU-CPU games the Agg switch sometimes doesn't happen at all until the very end of the 4th quarter. When I watch CPU games I replay every single deep throw because the CPU is really good at exploiting the DB glitch. If I see the safeties going crazy in the replay I switch controllers to the team on defense. Every single time you will see that team in the Agg zone gameplan. Another strange thing I saw last night was the other team continued to play deep safe zone. I looked at their gameplan and it was set to zone cov conservative!!!

Man I swear I just don't know lol.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-08-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #29
Rookie

downsouthgamer's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'll save the game for you.....the best I can.

Use my Varsity sliders when you are on offense. Throw the ball away if your receivers are covered and you won't have a high INT rate and you completion % will be what it should be....

Then switch to Heisman when you are on defense....so the sliders should look like this...

QB Accuracy- 50
Pass Blocking- 15/20***Your preference
WR Catching- 25
RB Ability- 35
Run Blocking- 35 - 45 ****Your preference. If running is too easy, lower it.
Pass Coverage- 50
Pass Rush- 70
Interceptions- 40
Rush Defense- 50
Tackling- 85
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 30
Punt Power- 35
Punt Accuracy- 50
Kickoff Power- 40

CPU

QB Accuracy- 50
Pass Blocking- 50
WR Catching- 60
RB Ability- 75
Run Blocking- 55
Pass Coverage- 25
Pass Rush- 50
Interceptions- 70
Rush Defense- 95
Tackling- 65-75 ****Your preference here, for harder human running up the tackling
FG Power- 50
FG Accuracy- 40
Punt Power- 40
Punt Accuracy- 100
Kickoff Power- 50

Thats the best I can do for everyone.....Use Varsity while on offense and Heisman while on defense.
Just want to see if im right....So when i get on defense i need to pause the game & go into the menu & manually change it from varsity to heisman & then do the same thing when i get back on offense?
NLF:Tennessee Titans
NBA:Memphis Grizzles
NHL:Nashville Predators
MLB:Atlanta Braves
MLB:Cincinnati Reds
Old 10-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthgamer
Just want to see if im right....So when i get on defense i need to pause the game & go into the menu & manually change it from varsity to heisman & then do the same thing when i get back on offense?
Correct. Let me know how it turns out for you. You should get some stellar games.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #31
Rookie

downsouthgamer's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Correct. Let me know how it turns out for you. You should get some stellar games.
Appreciate it fist!!! If it wasnt for your slider's this game would have gotten bounced along time ago
NLF:Tennessee Titans
NBA:Memphis Grizzles
NHL:Nashville Predators
MLB:Atlanta Braves
MLB:Cincinnati Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »