Home

Atmosphere Absence

This is a discussion on Atmosphere Absence within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Atmosphere Absence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
After a great day of college football I realized how big some of these games felt and that the atmosphere and magnitude was hugely enhanced. Really wish they could work on this in NCAA football. Like a louder crowd and commentary/presentation difference depending on who you play. Anyone else get tired of every game feeling the same regardless of its importance?
Thank you, someone who gets it. I just played half a quarter game on Dynasty mode. (Because Dynamic Crowds in Dynasty mode make for better results)These were the 2 games.

LSU vs Alabama at "Death Valley" Tiger Stadium.

Idaho vs Middle Tenn State. At the Kibbie Dome.

Crowds sounded almost alike. Death Valley being louder, and even then, just slightly. And Idaho has the lowest attendance in the game at 14,000. And LSU has top 8 Attendance at 95,000+

And LSU and Bama have one of the most storied rivalries in CFB, While Idaho and MTSU have never even played each other. Really EA. HFA should mean more than just getting swiggly lines and not being able to hot route receivers
Old 11-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
Banned

Lekcots11's Arena

OVR: 3

My trouble with the crowd is they cut in and out at certain spots. Like if the home team or away team gets a first down, the crowd would cut out, then cut back in really loud. Also there are times, if something good happens, the crowd cheers for too long. say if the home team returns a kick for good yardage, the crowd would cheer, then continue to cheer even if the home team loses yards on the next play
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #11
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Out of curiosity, can you still hear individuals in the crowd either singularly talking to clapping? I know in '12 this is still an issue. How in crowds of anywhere from 30,000 to 90,000 you can hear an individual person shout or clap is beyond me. This has been an issue for probably the entirety of next-gen. It's just a drop in the bucket of what needs attention in the game, though.

For comparison, in '12 there is some crowd awareness, but it definitely does not get very loud. If the away team breaks a big play, the home crowd goes almost (if not completely) silent. They tend to get louder on third downs as well. Generally, though, there is little interactivity otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
Rookie

yurk23's Arena

OVR: 11
Agree with stadium atmosphere being generic. Also, when you are playing as a small school that isn't on tv you get just the PA announcer. Regional telecast you get two different announcers.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree for the most part, though I have to say I was impressed when I played a bowl game and I was getting crushed, and overall I threw 5 picks, on the 4th and 5th ones the crowd booed like crazy, Also how crazy would it be after a big upset at home the crowd rushes onto the field, and like 2 minutes before it ends if like their kneeling, you see them on the sideline getting off the bleachers.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_Bronco
Thank you, someone who gets it. I just played half a quarter game on Dynasty mode. (Because Dynamic Crowds in Dynasty mode make for better results)These were the 2 games.

LSU vs Alabama at "Death Valley" Tiger Stadium.

Idaho vs Middle Tenn State. At the Kibbie Dome.

Crowds sounded almost alike. Death Valley being louder, and even then, just slightly. And Idaho has the lowest attendance in the game at 14,000. And LSU has top 8 Attendance at 95,000+

And LSU and Bama have one of the most storied rivalries in CFB, While Idaho and MTSU have never even played each other. Really EA. HFA should mean more than just getting swiggly lines and not being able to hot route receivers
Yep I know what you mean man.
The crowd atmosphere has always sucked. For me I've noticed that the crowd will be pretty loud during the first opening drive for the home team until they get passed the 50 yard line then the crowd gets dead quiet. I know when your team has the ball at home you try to be a little quieter when they get down into the red zone, but it just gets dead quiet and really takes the fun out of it for me.
When you're the away team it's a little better, but the crowd only really gets into it on 3rd down. Even when I'm the away team and driving down the field I feel like the crowd noise is ok but then you get into the red zone and on first down they are silent, like lol wtf?

I'm about to play Alabama at home in my LSU dynasty and not really looking forward to it, the lack of crowd atmosphere will definitely be a buzz kill.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #15
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Played another game in Dynasty mode. LSU vs Miss state.

Didn't hear not one single cowbell. Checked Misstate attendance. 60,000+

Shoulda heard a cowbell.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »