Home

Abort the Kick

This is a discussion on Abort the Kick within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Abort the Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
If you are playing punt return safe then throwing to a CB with 60 or so hands it is no problem. They point of football is to catch defense off guard and abort the kick was a way to do it if you were faced with punt block back when punts could get blocked and you had to be aware of it. Anyone with a QB at punter is a fool anyway since after getting caught once they wouldn't be able to actually punt after a smart user caught on to them trying to run essentially an impromptu fake all game.
UMM YOU KNOW ABOUT IN GAME SUBS... RIGHT???

like i said.. brady using cheeser
Old 11-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #10
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Abort the Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
UMM YOU KNOW ABOUT IN GAME SUBS... RIGHT???

like i said.. brady using cheeser
I'm not sure we know what I'm talking about. On last-gen NCAA 07 there was an abort the kick feature, where mid-punt/FG you could bail out if your punt/kick was in danger of being blocked. These were not designed fakes. Again if you have CB's/LB's with 60's hands I do not care who is throwing them the ball, they will drop a good amount of passes and if you adjust by not bringing in a 10 man rush and using the regular punt return/safe plays you will have someone close enough to jar it free upon contact. Sometimes these would be straight runs if you waited to long. I would love for Brady to be there for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »