Home

New Mindset, New Approach, New Battle Plan

This is a discussion on New Mindset, New Approach, New Battle Plan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: New Mindset, New Approach, New Battle Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Yeah, I've done some more fine tuning to the roster. Isolated Pass Rushing DE's and gave them more of a burst, adjusted Strength ratings to several positions to provide better collision animations, increased BCV in HBs, WRs and Scrambling QBs. Also, found that I made an error with the LGs AWR rating. Instead of a 30 pt drop, they recieved a 10 pt drop, so that was corrected as well.

These changes have not yet been uploaded to Live, but hopefully soon. We upgraded our Internet, but the installer made it real difficult for me to connect my 360. As soon as I get that rolling I will upload the corrected file.

I also was able see the rosters in a dynasty file in the Editor, so these mass edits can be imput throughout a full dynasty.
Three things:

1. I have downloaded your editor and have done a Mass increase of 15 points to the Injury slot. I had played another Coach game with your Roster and had what I thought were far too many injuries (at one point during the game, all but two Alabama running backs were out with injuries). I will play another Coach game to test the edited Roster.

2. Can you offer some additional information about using the Value section of the editor - example: the Value section offers a "+/-" choice - how do you differentiate between adding points to, or subtracting points from, a value in a slot?

3. Would you please post a note in this thread when you update your
Roster on the EA Locker site?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #42
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Are the rosters that he has for 12 or 13?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

wouldnt doing all this editing just make most players play the same! since all OL have the same awareness make them play alike? you cant tell a good OL because they all have the same ratings?
NFL-TITANS

LET THE DUECE LOOSE!!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

most people are just editing by a set amount (say -10 for everyone) which keeps the players at different levels but makes the game smoother and you dont have to mess with sliders quite as much. this editing really makes a difference and makes the game a more sim experience ( if thats what you are looking for)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #45
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytarious5
wouldnt doing all this editing just make most players play the same! since all OL have the same awareness make them play alike? you cant tell a good OL because they all have the same ratings?
No.....considering you have more ratings other then awareness to separate the scrubs from the beast. A 90 pass block OL will still be better then a 75 pass block OL regardless if they have the same awareness.

Awareness is just one rating, you still have to edit and consider their other ratings that pertain to their position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #46
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

I read the first page and I'm just not feeling your argument that the field is too small. Why on earth would EA make the field small? Intentionally lower big plays is a bogus reason because I'm playing my second year dynasty of UT on Heisman and I get big plays all the time.

-Someone was saying the spread offense doesn't work like it should: I don't score TD's on end-arounds every other play, but my offense is insane with screen plays and quick hitters over the middle.

-To the guy sayng that fade routes don't work: I have no clue what your talking about. Basically anytime down in the redzone I can lob a fade to Justin Hunter or DaRick Rodgers(who still plays for UT in NCAA13) and score.

-As for big runs, one of my longest this season has been a 65 yard TD run with Tyler Bray on a Read Option vs Texas Tech. Bray has 71 speed and it was on Heisman difficulty. No one touched him.

I also get an occasional big run up the middle from Rajon Neal, but he gets nice yardage in between the tackles so I don't have to go to the outside.

The one thing I will concede is that outside runs don't work as well as they should. Everything else seems fine to me.

ALSO: Unless you are simulating awareness means next to nothing and simply bolsters overall ratings. I'm also fairly certain that in-game, pass and run block ratings mean nothing, though I think they may have fixed it on this year's game.

Last edited by over9000yards; 11-19-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

fyi with edited rosters had my highest rated game ever 1689 been playin since the very begining of the ps2 days. wow
Old 11-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #48
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Three things:

1. I have downloaded your editor and have done a Mass increase of 15 points to the Injury slot. I had played another Coach game with your Roster and had what I thought were far too many injuries (at one point during the game, all but two Alabama running backs were out with injuries). I will play another Coach game to test the edited Roster.

2. Can you offer some additional information about using the Value section of the editor - example: the Value section offers a "+/-" choice - how do you differentiate between adding points to, or subtracting points from, a value in a slot?

3. Would you please post a note in this thread when you update your
Roster on the EA Locker site?

Thanks

You have 3 choices. You can either:

1)Adjust rating(either by adding or subtracting points) For example, if you want to add 15 points to injury you woulf got "+15" and if you wanna deduct you would go "-15"

2) Set attribute- This is where if you wanna set a rating the same across the board you can. For example if you want to set injury to 95 across the boards then just put "95"

3) Redistribute- This is where you you can set a minimum and maximum and have the points be distributed up and down the roster. Personally I prefer it done by position group. Like for example, for stamina I like my top running backs to get the most carries, so I set my minimum at "25" and maximum at "35"...that way the the back lowest on the depth chart will have 25 stamina and the highest at 35, and the back in between has stamina between 26-34.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »