Home

Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year

This is a discussion on Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #9
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Looks Like All Teams will be present Next Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I still have my fingers crossed for FCS teams in '14

I can dream.... man, thats all I ever wanted...
The guys over on the Vote For the Cover of 14 Video thread pointed out North Dakota's logo on the map. Just adding a little extra hype.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Rookie

DKHardee's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
The guys over on the Vote For the Cover of 14 Video thread pointed out North Dakota's logo on the map. Just adding a little extra hype.
I would pay $80 for NCAA 14 if they included the FCS... at least the schools form the auto bid conferences! I'm a Coastal Carolina Chanticleer fan and it would be awesome to play as them, leave the Big South Conference for the SoCon or CAA and then leave them for the Sun Belt or something like that. It would be awesome.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I wish if they were to add FCS teams they also and a new game mode like AD mode. So then you can upgrade stadium etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
Rookie

DKHardee's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I wish if they were to add FCS teams they also and a new game mode like AD mode. So then you can upgrade stadium etc..
That would be fun taking a 10,000 seat stadium and turning it into a 50,000 seat stadium. Making decisions of natural grass or turf, things like that.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #13
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKHardee
That would be fun taking a 10,000 seat stadium and turning it into a 50,000 seat stadium. Making decisions of natural grass or turf, things like that.
yeah because in my opinion It would be silly if i take a small school like a FCS team with a 10,000 seat stadium and build them up all the way to a power conference, only to still have 10,000 seat stadium.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
Not sure how much that means, considering they said Army was in Colorado Springs, and UND isn't even the best team in North Dakota. That entire video was a mess.

Quote:
While I agree that it would be awesome to have a few of the old conferences included, I am sure that there is some sort of legal hurdle that prevents EA from doing so. I'm not a fan of super-conferences and the ability to spread out teams over a lot of different leagues is highly appealing.

What I am really curious about now is how EA is going to handle the growing implosion of the Big East, what with the most recent school defections.
Well, the SWC and Big 8 are both officially dead, so I can't imagine there are any licensing issues for either of those. I imagine the ones that dropped football would object, since it soils their "brand." You're right, I guess that's just wishful thinking. I just hope they can find a way to throw a bone to those of us that don't like superconferences and want our leagues to stay at 8-12 teams. If not, I guess we could always go back to having 20-30 independent teams, like they had in the 80s.

I'm guessing they'll handle it like the WAC, and just wait and see what happens. I remember someone brought up the ability to remove conferences, and someone else responded that the conferences nixed the idea as part of the licensing agreement.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #15
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I think it's time NCAA did what Halo 4 did with their discs. Disc 2 was an install disc for the multiplayer.

With NCAA have two discs, make the second one an install disc for the FCS.

Also am I crazy, or was there an NCAA for the PS1 that allowed you to use an FCS school and actually play in the dynasty with them in the FCS, or 1-AA.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I think it's time NCAA did what Halo 4 did with their discs. Disc 2 was an install disc for the multiplayer.

With NCAA have two discs, make the second one an install disc for the FCS.

Also am I crazy, or was there an NCAA for the PS1 that allowed you to use an FCS school and actually play in the dynasty with them in the FCS, or 1-AA.
Yes, almost every last gen game all the way back to at least ncaa 2001 had FCS teams that were able to be used in dynasty mode.
In 2001, you played the 1-AA season alongside the 1-A season, I know that for sure While there were only about 20-40 1AA teams (HBCU and Ivy league teams only). In more recent installments (2004-2011 for PS2) there was about 80-90 FCS teams that you could swap in place of an existing FBS team and use in dynasty. I was in the middle of an FCS dynasty for PS2, until today, when my PS2 randomly broke.... so now I'm going insane without my Maine dynasty! AHHHH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »