Home

How in the world this this happen?????????????

This is a discussion on How in the world this this happen????????????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2003, 02:32 PM   #9
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How in the world this this happen?????????????

So meaning that this is a glitch right?????????????????

BTW- I declined the Big 12's bid. Also the recruiting was real easy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

No glitch.

Look at the real-life BCS ratings. TCU is undefeated, but there are 5 teams ranked ahead of them. In fact, there's a 2-loss team ranked ahead of them if I'm not mistaken.

It's all about reputation and strength of schedule; TCU has neither.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:55 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

As far as you not making a BCS bowl that's wrong, *unless* there were 2 non-BCS conference teams ahead of you. If more than 2 non-BCS teams are in the top 6, one can get left out and probably will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2003, 02:12 PM   #12
MVP

XboxRocks1991's Arena

OVR: 14

I told you Virginia Tech and Ohio St. played in the title game!!!!!!!!

Also once in NCAA FOOTBALL 2003 I had a creted team in the Big 12 face Texas A&M in the NC game!!! How did that happen???
Old 11-13-2003, 11:39 AM   #13
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

XboxRocks1991 said:
I told you Virginia Tech and Ohio St. played in the title game!!!!!!!!

Also once in NCAA FOOTBALL 2003 I had a creted team in the Big 12 face Texas A&M in the NC game!!! How did that happen???

Let's say 2 of the top BCS teams are Big 12 schools, perhaps Oklahoma and Texas. Let's say Oklahoma is #1, undefeated, goes to the Big 12 Championship game against Nebraska. Maybe Texas only has 1 loss all season (much like in real life, a loss to Oklahoma) but because of that won't get to play in the Big 12 Championship game because they're in the same division as OU, but perhaps the best of the 1-loss teams (assuming Oklahoma is the only undefeated team that year). It is then entirely possible that Texas and Oklahoma end up in the NC game, even though it's kinda dumb. It happened though, a few years ago Nebraska got to play in the NC game even though they weren't the best team in their conference.

Also, as far as being #6 in the BCS standings, if you're in a BCS conference, yes you're automatically in a BCS bowl. If you're NOT in a BCS conference then you'd pretty much have to be maybe 1 or 2 (maybe a 3 or 4) to get the bowls to invite you over their conference allegiances. I think someone mentioned that above. I remember seeing Fresno State or someone like that not get a BCS bowl bid when they were ranked 5 or 6 in the BCS polls. TCU probably will not get a BCS bowl bid unless it's for the NC game this season, and that's a LONG shot.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #14
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

i swear i am righ about this

if you are in the top six of the bcs standings you are in a bcs bowl game no matter what it is a rule that will not be changed

so yes it is a glitch
Old 11-14-2003, 02:02 PM   #15
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

No, that's not right. Not every conference is a member of the BCS. Only the Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, Big East, SEC, and ACC. Other conferences, like the MAC, C-USA, WAC, MWC, etc., do not automatically qualify for a BCS bowl simply for being in the top 6. That's both in NCAA as in real life. Like with TCU in real life this year, most likely the only way they end up in a BCS bowl game is if they end up #1 or #2 in the BCS overall. Even then the BCS does not have to invite them to a game. If they do, good for them, if they don't get invited, tough luck, that's how it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2003, 02:47 PM   #16
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

mazhirui said:
No, that's not right. Not every conference is a member of the BCS. Only the Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, Big East, SEC, and ACC. Other conferences, like the MAC, C-USA, WAC, MWC, etc., do not automatically qualify for a BCS bowl simply for being in the top 6. That's both in NCAA as in real life. Like with TCU in real life this year, most likely the only way they end up in a BCS bowl game is if they end up #1 or #2 in the BCS overall. Even then the BCS does not have to invite them to a game. If they do, good for them, if they don't get invited, tough luck, that's how it is.

it is right
no tcu is not in a bcs conference but if you are in the top six yau are in no matter what i dont know how old this rule is but it is true because you have to give the smal schools a chance

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »