Home

4-4 defense overpowered?

This is a discussion on 4-4 defense overpowered? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
4-4 defense overpowered?

Have a problem with unusual defenses. Namely the 4-4 or whatever variant of it is in the multiple D playbook.

Was gashing a friend with power runs from pistol, shotgun, and some I with Nebraska's standard playbook. Comes out in the 1-5-5 prowler and shuts me down. Not ready for it. Not enough power running sets

Do some practicing. Find that power I etc tears it a new one. It does against him. Then pulls out a 4-4 or 4-6 bear not sure what is in multiple D playbook and blitzes and presses like crazy. Shuts down the power game.

Now I've added some plays to my playbook and tinkered with some audibles.

So my question/observation is this. Any thoughts on the 4-4 and how to attack/defeat it CONSISTENTLY? And do you feel that it is overpowered? Im leaning that way a bit myself. And not because Im mad it stopped part of my game. Just from practicing a bit against it I feel EA did a poor job on the balance of defensive sets like the 4-4 and the 1-5-5. Linebackers are to me at least way to consistent and good in pass coverage. Then the next play they are perfect in their run fits. So I guess in summary, I dont feel these formations shouldnt be in the game as they exist. But is it just me or does EA need to do a better job of making the strengths/weaknesses of these non-base defenses be more apparent?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 4-4 defense overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Have a problem with unusual defenses. Namely the 4-4 or whatever variant of it is in the multiple D playbook.

Was gashing a friend with power runs from pistol, shotgun, and some I with Nebraska's standard playbook. Comes out in the 1-5-5 prowler and shuts me down. Not ready for it. Not enough power running sets

Do some practicing. Find that power I etc tears it a new one. It does against him. Then pulls out a 4-4 or 4-6 bear not sure what is in multiple D playbook and blitzes and presses like crazy. Shuts down the power game.

Now I've added some plays to my playbook and tinkered with some audibles.

So my question/observation is this. Any thoughts on the 4-4 and how to attack/defeat it CONSISTENTLY? And do you feel that it is overpowered? Im leaning that way a bit myself. And not because Im mad it stopped part of my game. Just from practicing a bit against it I feel EA did a poor job on the balance of defensive sets like the 4-4 and the 1-5-5. Linebackers are to me at least way to consistent and good in pass coverage. Then the next play they are perfect in their run fits. So I guess in summary, I dont feel these formations shouldnt be in the game as they exist. But is it just me or does EA need to do a better job of making the strengths/weaknesses of these non-base defenses be more apparent?
I do not think the 4-4 or any defense in this years game should be considered overpowered. Every defense concedes something. The seams are wide open against the 4-4. Attack the seams!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
I do not think the 4-4 or any defense in this years game should be considered overpowered. Every defense concedes something. The seams are wide open against the 4-4. Attack the seams!!!!!
Yeah that was one area that appeared to work in practicing against it. Besides streaking TEs though what else works? Formations, plays?

And I meant from a realism standpoint I fealt the 4-4 and 1-5-5 are overpowered. LBs in coverage on fast and/or big TEs in real life are a liability. That and every CB and FS in this game plays run support like they are Troy Polamalu.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Yeah that was one area that appeared to work in practicing against it. Besides streaking TEs though what else works? Formations, plays?

And I meant from a realism standpoint I fealt the 4-4 and 1-5-5 are overpowered. LBs in coverage on fast and/or big TEs in real life are a liability. That and every CB and FS in this game plays run support like they are Troy Polamalu.
I twins. Find plays that force the defense to play cover3 zone and attack the seams with the slot WR. Strong y flex has a formation package called strond stack the switches the TE and WR2. Send WR2 on a streak .
Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Find quick TE or FB double moves, like Y shake or something like that. There are some stuff on youtube or you can just go digging yourself. Some shake plays work well in both zone and man.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »