Home

Making Dynasty & Play Now Better for NCAA 13

This is a discussion on Making Dynasty & Play Now Better for NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #17
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Making Dynasty & Play Now Better for NCAA 13

The 3rd and long/4 verts issue is annoying. You can see its hard coded when you use the Ask Coach feature. That play will always be one of the 3 available when it is 3rd and 8 or more.

Another random observation. The LEs in this game are too powerful compared to the REs no matter how the LE or RE is rated. Also to note I have not played a game using auto-pass or actually playing in full control in months. The field looks incredibly small in this mode it looks so wrong. For some reason in Coach mode and CPU mode things look more realistic as far as the player to field size ratio.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 12-23-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Sooooooo...watching CPU vs. CPU Georgia vs. Kentucky. I lowered Zone Coverage rating to 0 across the board. So when Linebackers and Defensive Backs are in zone coverage they should be brain dead, confused and out of position right? Wrong! It hasn't affected them at all...not one bit. Soooo...what is this rating for? Yet to be determined.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

heard years ago that the lowest rating is 40, so wondering if sliders lower it to zero or just to 40, which would be why players can somewhat still perform and going below 40 on rating just defaults to 40
Old 12-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think zone coverage does anything to gameplay. What does make a difference is Play Recognition; I would tinker with that.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
thanks to matt 10 awesome ncaa 13 for 12 roster effort i am back playing football.

so last night i went back to madden 12 to look at the edit playbook features and its amazing how EA limits the AI in the football games....

as someone who edited the life out of both games i know they are very similar and am certain that if madden limits its game so does ncaa....

in the average playbook in madden it has about 180 plays( guess) yet the cpu is assigned to run 48..... and that 48 is divided into situations so in any given game the cpu has about 20 plays all game at its disposal.....

no wonder why in the 2 minute drill we see 4 verts only.....

to skillz point about coach mode, the AI plays better because we call better plays.....

imo both games suffer because they dont call short passing routes, get to 2nd and 7, 3rd and 3...

the cpu always wants the whole 100yds each play.....

i edited the stars(per play) in the Pats playbook in madden 12, gave them a ton of drags, slants, 2TE sets and assigned them that playbook in a play now game.

it was night and day how well the AI plays......

in ncaa we dont have the stars to set up the situational playcalling..... so its hard to break the hard coding of playcalling....

no matter what playbook we create the hard coding of both games is for the cpu to call 4 verts on 3rd and long( they have 4 plays as options for 3rd and long) verticals from every set, screens from every set or a draw from every set/formation.... thats pathetic....

it would take EA 5 minutes to highlight every play and crank every play to max stars for first through 3rd down so we can get variety

so in 14 we are going to get a tweak of the stars system thats already in the game and get it sold to us as dynamic playcalling.....

this stuff is not that hard....
Thanks for checking them out. I am still finding some issues with it; but will need to get in the zone and fix the body size issue (look at Illinois' CB, Parker).

I really tried to like NCAA 13, even late last night when I got tired, and needed a break from working on the NCAA 12 roster, but the db glitch just showed up after an incredible game of 3-3 (fourth quarter) with 2 minutes left.

For everything good NCAA 13 does, and even better with GMS' edits; the DB glitch cancels out everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan1966
heard years ago that the lowest rating is 40, so wondering if sliders lower it to zero or just to 40, which would be why players can somewhat still perform and going below 40 on rating just defaults to 40
Yeah Ian mentioned that a few years ago and it was confirmed by an EA guy just recently in another one of GMSS's threads. I think the one called Momentum and AI...something like that. 40 is the cutoff point for most ratings. The scale is 40-99.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 12-23-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Sooooooo...watching CPU vs. CPU Georgia vs. Kentucky. I lowered Zone Coverage rating to 0 across the board. So when Linebackers and Defensive Backs are in zone coverage they should be brain dead, confused and out of position right? Wrong! It hasn't affected them at all...not one bit. Soooo...what is this rating for? Yet to be determined.
In order to make them react slower, you have to lower their awareness very low as well. You drop a player awareness down to the 40s along with low coverage ratings, they will be lost out there & allow a lot of passes to go right by them.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

I have a true love hate relationship with this 13 game. For the 11 game I would peek in at threads like this and read what GMSS and Playmakers had to say about edits, but only played around with them a bit...not too seriously. Last year for 12 PurplePower and I worked on the PS3 edits project together, but even then I was just taking information that was given and rating the guys according to the scale without really noticing the subtleties of how the ratings worked independently or collectively. I lot of stuff went over my head then, but this year everything has changed. I see and notice the little things. I can see the vast difference between a HB with 84 BCV and one with 96 BCV. I see how ratings like ELU and TRK really affect the way a player runs. If TRK is 30 points higher than ELU the player will have a tendency to run to contact. If ELU is at least 30 points more than TRK the player will go out of their way to take away pursuit angles and use every inch of field to avoid defenders. You see this in the open field, but it's hard to catch with an untrained eye. My eyes are now trained to see these things after a couple of years doing this. That is why despite it's flaws I cannot leave this game alone.

This past Fri I purchased XCOM-Enemy Unknown and Max Payne 3 on sale new for 20 bucks. It's now Sunday and I have yet to put either game in the tray for an install. NCAA has a weird hold on me. I can't shake it.

Also another random observation regarding QB scrambles. The CPU controlled Balanced QBs will scramble less often on Varsity mode compared to All American. CPU Pocket Passers edited with a high TRK or ELU rating in conjunction with a very high BCV rating are also more likely to scramble on All American compared to Varsity. CPU players in general are much more aggressive and expressive on All American difficulty compared to Varsity. Gonna test some CPU games on Heisman finally.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 12-23-2012 at 04:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »