Home

QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game

This is a discussion on QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
Rookie

akacesfan's Arena

OVR: 0
QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game

Maybe it's just the bad NMSU QB, but has anyone else noticed that the QB fumbles a lot when running the ball? It's gotten to the point where I am literally scared to scramble with the QB because he will fumble at the softest of hits. I have lost games because of this and it is really, really frustrating. I'm fumbling about twice a game at the worst times (game winning drive? FUMBLE!)

Edit: I can't dive either, because the QB will literally fumble during the act of diving.

Also, not to beat a dead horse, but pass blocking sucks. I literally can't stand in the pocket for more than 2-3 seconds without getting sacked.

Year 1: 11-3 (7-1 MAC) W over NU in Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

Year 2: 0-0 (0-0 MAC)

Last Game: 24-17 W vs. Northwestern in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

NHL 13 - Columbus Blue Jackets

Year 1: 1-1-0

Last Game: 3-2 W @ Minnesota

Last edited by akacesfan; 01-02-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: QB Fumbles Are Ruining the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacesfan
Maybe it's just the bad NMSU QB, but has anyone else noticed that the QB fumbles a lot when running the ball? It's gotten to the point where I am literally scared to scramble with the QB because he will fumble at the softest of hits. I have lost games because of this and it is really, really frustrating. I'm fumbling about twice a game at the worst times (game winning drive? FUMBLE!)

Edit: I can't dive either, because the QB will literally fumble during the act of diving.
This is where I've learned to slide or run out of bounds.

Diving forward, as you mentioned, happens a lot. A forward dive, I'd say is going to be a fumble 8 times out of 10.

Make sure you're always holding R1/RB whenever running the ball with the quarterback until you find some space.

Quote:
Also, not to beat a dead horse, but pass blocking sucks. I literally can't stand in the pocket for more than 2-3 seconds without getting sacked.
2-3 seconds is what NFL lineman get paid to block for. Anything more is the quarterbacks fault for holding onto the ball for too long or receivers fault for not getting open.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mark Sanchez....
Old 01-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
To slide, make sure you are holding the square/B button instead of just pressing it.
WRONG... you just tap it to slide.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
Rookie

tcc23's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
woops, got it backward
Actually its the X button! haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I get that you have to slide in this game. But why are ratings different for QBs than everybody else? I notice stamina & carry are handicapped to prevent QB runs for the user. But that's not the case for CPU QB runs. Constant runs, very few fumbles.

One outside run with the QB will take your player from green to red instantly. I understand why in an online game you want to prevent running QBs from running wild by killing their stamina & constant fumbles. But better QB spy logic will fix this issue. Horrible tackling angles are killer too. Their method just seems lazy.

I'm not going to look up the stats. But the NIU QB had 1700 rushing yards. And I'm sure he didn't have 20 fumbles in that season to get those yards. Including constantly being benched for the backup to catch his breath.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
Just started!

I agree sirs
Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Rookie

I've found that switching "Big Run" to Consevative helps cut down on the QB fumbles and does not seem to hamper your stud RB that much.

Just my observations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »