Home

Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru?

This is a discussion on Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #49
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Who said they were NOT going to buy NCAA 13 and followed thru?

"Mascot Dynasty Mode" had me rolling.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #50
Rookie

steelo7703's Arena

OVR: 1

I bought '13 after taking a two year break. I was happy to see some improvements in the passing game (no more super line backers). However, the game looks the same and the line play has not changed one bit. The load times while navigating through menus is getting worse. Maybe the load times are the same but it feels worse because nothing has changed.

What people get upset about are bugs/issues that have not been addressed for the past 3-4 years. Known bugs/issues that effect game-play. When will EA figure out that you perfect (best you can) the actual game-play before you come up with new gimmicks to sell copies. The answer is never because they sell plenty of copies to pay the bills and if profit comes down they just eliminate staff.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #51
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Well I think that is fairly common amongst all sports games these days. The more of a fan you are of the real sport, the harder it is to enjoy the video game representation of it. There are a lot of folks on these boards that don't follow soccer or hockey, and they love the Fifa and NHL series. But the die hards rip those games.
That's possible. If that's the case, than I could just as easily say I love baseball and college football, but I play MLB The Show 3x as much as I play NCAA Football. Either way, I guess, I'm dissatisfied with the series. I still enjoy it, I just feel like it should be in a better position than it is now.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #52
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

First time since NCAA 99 I didn't buy this game. I will admit, I borrowed it from a friend, played one series and took the disc out. I wasn't gonna give myself the chance to make excuses for this game.

I can only hope that it will be respectful on the newer consoles, or if someone else decides to make a NCAA game in the future.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #53
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Skipped the game for the 2nd straight year. Rented it from the local video store for a week, and yet I only actually played it 3 of the days I had it. It's just so disheartening to see the same problems year after year.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #54
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

I wasn't ever NOT gonna buy it. It's easily the best NCAA of the last few years. Yes there are some bugs and glitches, but they don't affect the game that much for me to complain and not play it. Currently in year 12 of an Online Dynasty with 5 of my friends, we've been on Heisman difficulty (default sliders) since year 4. Games are usually around 35-7, give or take a few touchdowns on either side. There are some exceptions where some games seem tougher, but that's life. This point differential is expected though, as most of our teams have at least 3 guys that are 99 OVR and 20+ that are 90 OVR or higher. When we have user games, they usually end up around 31-28, very close, usually coming down to the last drive. Overall, the most I've enjoyed playing an NCAA game.

Edit after reading some earlier responses: Games aren't made to be easy. Man up.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #55
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
It sucks, because for people like me who have to have their yearly fix of a college football video game, I'm not left with much of an option. So when EA releases a new football game, even microscopic differences make the game hard not to buy. I enjoyed '13, but I'd argue that most of my enjoyment came from the fact that it was college football.
And this is why the game will never get better. We're all addicted to football and we buy this game because we feel we need to buy it. Not bashing you at all Ben, but yeah those guys at Tiburon and the suits at EA understand this very well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #56
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
And this is why the game will never get better. We're all addicted to football and we buy this game because we feel we need to buy it. Not bashing you at all Ben, but yeah those guys at Tiburon and the suits at EA understand this very well.
Yeah, I understand that. For what its worth, MLB The Show looks so good to me that I think I could easily pass on NCAA this year unless there are notable changes to Line play.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »