Home

Custom playbooks and offensive themes...

This is a discussion on Custom playbooks and offensive themes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Klingkong251's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom playbooks and offensive themes...

I was curious as to what type of offense everyone runs and how everyone customizes their playbooks to run their schemes. I run the pistol but have my playbook scaled down to about 5 pistol formations with 4 of those formations being symmetrical. My two base sets are the pistol ace formation and the pistol spread formation. This allows me to run all my plays without showing any "tendencies" or "tipoffs" pre-play. I periodically go no huddle and having symmetrical formations allow me to audible at the line based on what the defense is showing without changing the formation weather I want to run, pass, playaction, option, ect.... I call it the P2 offense. What custom offenses do you guys run?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Custom playbooks and offensive themes...

I run Air Raid with OKST base playbook and throw in some extra pistols and shotguns and an I formation. My "base formation" if you will is the Pistol strong slot or Shotgun Spread Flex Wk... I go up tempo no huddle most of the game.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I try to use a variety of formations and personnel groups to confuse the defense, while using the fewest number of play concepts possible to keep it simple for me. I am always in the Pistol or Shotgun so I can run read option but from there I use 2WR/2TE/1HB sets, 3WR/1TE/1HB sets, and 4WR/1HB sets in as many different formations as I can.
I want my QB to be a threat to run the ball although I don't run him that often to avoid injuries. I want to be able to run between the tackles with my HB and I have a hybrid WR/HB position that I try to use like Urban Meyer's "Percy Position," getting him in space with Jet Sweeps, screens, and as the pitch man on option plays.

Last edited by PDuncanOSU; 01-17-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Up tempo power run game. The focal point is multiple formations with 2 TE's. One is a blocking type, the other is a little faster and can lineup as a slot, TE or FB.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
MVP

I've made several, right now I'm working on a playbook that focuses on sets with lots of WR. I have two 5-wide shotgun sets, a 4 wide SG set, and a couple SG sets with 3 Wide and either a TE or FB. In addition I have ace formations (similar to the shotgun ones) and a couple TE-less I formations. I'm about to start paring them down to where I have 5 SG, 2 Ace and 2 I form, along with the Army split with 3 WRs. I love that army split by the way; it ends up in almost all my playbooks.

For my rotation I have a super fast freshman QB who comes in for the formations with a RB and a TE to run (or threaten to run) the option. I have a senior balanced QB that does the rest.

For my Army dynasty I made an option based playbook that eventually got whittled down to two wishbone formations, the Army Split, two pistol formations (including full house) and one SG formation with two in the backfield and a TE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
Rookie

djmtott's Arena

I like formations with overloaded lines with two TE's on a side, or a TE with a WR lined up close. I also like formations with slot receivers.
I prefer to run a classic offense with a pocket passer and an overpowering running game. Therefore I never use options, since my QB will usually be slower, and I don't want to get him hurt. Plus I don't like the unpredictability that pitching on the option can bring.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
Just started!

I also like formations with slot receivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »