Home

The excitement of recruiting and signing day...

This is a discussion on The excitement of recruiting and signing day... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The excitement of recruiting and signing day...

I know it's been said many times over and I hate to beat a dead horse, but I would absolutely LOVE if we had recruiting options like CH2K8 has. Let us recruit players over the 4 years of their high school career and develop a relationship with players. It may be getting too deep here, but also if your team develops a good relationship with a certain player from a certain city or high school, I would like to see the coaches relationship with that area/city become higher and act as a pipeline so to say. Like I said, this could be a dream and EA could probably never pull it off but it would be nice.

Along with that, if they were to incorporate an interactive NSD, with recruits decommiting and flipping, or maybe a kid has had his mind set on a school and although a school did ALL they possibly could to get the kid to flip, his heart is with his initial commit. I think EA would have a hard time to find a balance with this, as they usually do with everything else.

Would be nice to show your teams War Room during the NSD and possibly have something similar to the Madden draft. The possibilities are endless!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

is very overblown IMO. I think it is hilarious how much coverage this gets. Another negative thing about technology and ESPN.

I do not know how you can make it this "Exciting" in the game unless you put some of that twitter crap, etc, like they do for Madden.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #11
Just started!

Golden Eaglez33's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea this is something that has been long overdue. So many things that they could do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Just wrote a blog about this. It has gotten so huge over the past few years that I feel NCAA has to upgrade it right?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Yeah but so much stuff needs upgraded.. Recruiting, coaching carousel, the depth of dynasty in general.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #14
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

need early enrollees while we're at it
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Yeah but so much stuff needs upgraded.. Recruiting, coaching carousel, the depth of dynasty in general.
We keep saying this whenever someone brings up another neat innovation that EA should put in. "Yea, but EA should fix this first" over and over again. I'm tired of it. If EA puts in a signing day aspect that's a big, cool deal and doesn't mess with recruiting, or anything else in dynasty for that matter, I'll be quite happy.

Last edited by BA2929; 02-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

As nice as committing and decommitting sound, I think it would be a terrible thing. We all know how things get done by EA --> overblown. You'd never be able to keep anyone and it would be a constant. I enjoy recruiting now but it already takes so much time that it is a relief to get a guy to commit and be done with it. I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with some people I'd still like to have that already committed. In my opinion, that stuff should be left alone.

To respond to the OP, I agree making it a big deal would be nice. However, the problem lies in that a lot of people are already committed so there wouldn't be much. I just have a hard time coming up with a realistic way the game could emulate it. Once I hit that last recruiting week I am just excited to move on to the next season!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »