Home

The excitement of recruiting and signing day...

This is a discussion on The excitement of recruiting and signing day... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
The excitement of recruiting and signing day...

For those that follow recruiting, this time of the year is like Christmas Eve. I'm all over twitter and recruiting websites getting the scoop. Tomorrow ESPN is devoting over 11 hours to signing day coverage. Signing Day is a big deal.

But it's not a big deal in the game. There is nothing extra put into the game that really hammers home the excitement of signing day.

With the effort EA put into the draft for Madden in 13 (didn't play it, but saw youtube of it) I wonder if they will be trying to do the same with recruiting. It really needs it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The excitement of recruiting and signing day...

They really need to. EA has ESPN as a resource and barely even uses them. I'd love to see a recruiting revamp that includes ESPN Recruiting Nation, fluid recruiting (more recruits committing and de-committing, more changes in the rankings throughout the season), NSD announcements, hats on the tables, every damn thing!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveHeart
They really need to. EA has ESPN as a resource and barely even uses them. I'd love to see a recruiting revamp that includes ESPN Recruiting Nation, fluid recruiting (more recruits committing and de-committing, more changes in the rankings throughout the season), NSD announcements, hats on the tables, every damn thing!
^this. this game is lacking the real life atmosphere of commiting and decommiting, plus everything else mentioned above.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Yup, signing day in NCAA is LAME. You already have most of your players as "hard commits" by the time signing day comes around. Imagine the drama in an online dynasty when you have players flipping between user schools.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 02-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is weird, they're just kids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 11

I've been playing NCAA since about 2000 and nothing really has changed other then the layout and new bust or star. I think they need too do a college game day again which was fun too see who Corso and Herbstreit picked and I think they should let you see who the recruit chooses. Another thing let the 4th interest be the winner of a big recruit not always the top.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

They really, really need to make NSD a big deal. Also you should be about to offer so many more players and just because they are not on your board the offer should still be on the players profile. I am a Hog fan and Ark has offered 50+ players. Maybe more. I also wish they did hard and soft commits. Then you don't know for sure until NSD. That would be awesome. They also need to expand Rosters for walkon's. So much is missing with the recruiting aspect. And they wonder why the game gets old so quick.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 11

I like the sounds of that. Another thing they need to finally add is spring game. Allow us too start our dynasty from the spring so we can change the position players if we have too. No more of just automatically doing it on screen. Allow us too see how great these players are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »