Home

What will the new systems mean for NCAAF?

This is a discussion on What will the new systems mean for NCAAF? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What will the new systems mean for NCAAF?

Guys, I think you're forgetting about how EA can't make NCAA football games for like at least 4 or something years after NCAA 14 because they stupid guys in management got sued or something. They never fail to underwhelm us..
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #18
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomguy123
Guys, I think you're forgetting about how EA can't make NCAA football games for like at least 4 or something years after NCAA 14 because they stupid guys in management got sued or something. They never fail to underwhelm us..
I don't think you have that right.....EA lost in a lawsuit over their monopoly with football games (Madden excluded). They can still make NCAA and other football games....they just can't have any exclusive agreements.

On the plus side, they have to pay up to $6.79 for every football game you purchased for an xbox, ps2 or for your pc dating back to 2005.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #19
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

The potential on the next gen console is amazing, but as so many have said, I don't think space is the issue with NCAA. I love the NCAA football series, but there are so many gameplay issues that have been present for years that I'd hope would get fixed before Tiburon tries to make the best college football game ever. Fixing what is broken/doesn't work properly that is already in the game would make an outstanding game IMO. Just last night, I ran the ball up the middle, the DT was blocked and magically turns around and warps to my RB who was 2 yards past him at the time. The "suction" nonsense that was supposedly fixed this year IIRC. Turned the game off right then because I thought it was fixed. I don't need podcasts, commercials, or interviews where they give us 3D grass because that's what we "asked for" on this board. I just want a fundamentally sound football game, then after that's been accomplished, give me the gimmicks. Not trying to bash EA or Tiburon because I truly do love NCAA football games, but I feel that there is so much that needs to be fixed NOW before they try to reinvent the wheel. Even if they have to take two years for the first next gen title, which I doubt they will. I'm fine with that, give me 14 with the infinity engine and I'll shut up and put all my faith in ea. End rant.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #20
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
I don't think you have that right.....EA lost in a lawsuit over their monopoly with football games (Madden excluded). They can still make NCAA and other football games....they just can't have any exclusive agreements.

On the plus side, they have to pay up to $6.79 for every football game you purchased for an xbox, ps2 or for your pc dating back to 2005.

I remember hearing this, but do we have to have proof of purchase or anything like that? Because it seems like someone could buy 100 copies of NCAA 2006 for around $4-5 a piece and make some money off of EA
Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #21
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

My question is, Are Tiburon/EA just lazy or are they really incapable of making a game that will allow the majority of us play and LOVE. As we did with NCAA 2006 etc. I really only enjoyed one game this Gen, NCAAF 12. But I feel like they are always holding something back year after year. This can easily be the best sports game because college football is loved by the nation and there is sooo much to it. I wish they can do like other games and just put an athlete on the cover instead of wasting people's time.
But hey, thats just me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #22
Rookie

wkukicksbutt's Arena

OVR: 4

I am far from an expert at these things, but I just don't see how you can have games like a COD, Halo, or even a NBA 2k series, how a company like Madden and NCAA can look at their games and say they are top of the line. There is SO Much Potential at what they can do. However, I doubt it is a lack of space or money, I just think that for the past few years they have been hanging on by because of the brand. I don't like saying that somebody needs to get fired, but there are some changes that need to be made at the top, or we will keep on getting the same game year after year.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I just hope its backwards compatible so I can keep playing CH 2K8

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 02-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #24
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

IMO, I think EA will continue to make average games. I mean, if they make the perfect game off the bat, who will want to buy the following game? They already made it perfect, why bother? I believe no one will step in and make a college football game so once again no competition for EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »