Home

!!!Pat Tillman Cover Campaign 2015!!!

This is a discussion on !!!Pat Tillman Cover Campaign 2015!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: !!!Pat Tillman Cover Campaign 2015!!!

Yet they put in Under Armor's Wounded Warrior uni's...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

After reading comments in this thread and another (forgot which one), I have to agree that putting Tillman on the cover won't happen and probably shouldn't happen.

Without getting into the friendly fire controversy, Tillman is mainly known for his selfless action of joining the military with his brother instead of continuing to play football professionally. While he was an exceptional player at ASU, that's not really what he's known for. I think most would agree his play by itself doesn't warrant being on the cover. And I think that's what should be judged (not his good deeds outside of college football). Tillman isn't the only professional athlete who gave up sports to join the military, but his story is the biggest due to the controversy surrounding his death.

PBR, I think you're coming from the right place. I also think Pat Tillman was a stand-up guy based on the annual specials that seem to have played for the last 8-9 years on ESPN and other media outlets. I just don't think that makes him qualified for being the cover athlete on a College Football video game. While it is minor, PT decals are on the ASU uniforms (I dunno if the Cardinals still do it). He is represented in both football games.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Starting to fell like a fing MNBC douce bag show

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »