Home

Goal Post

This is a discussion on Goal Post within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2003, 01:54 PM   #9
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Goal Post

Quote:

mazhirui said:
Fans running onto the field is the stupidest thing ever. I know you guys are saying because it happens it should be in the game, but there's nothing I hate seeing more than people running onto the field after a big win.

There was an incident last year where fans stormed the field at a Marshall game and a coach from the opposing team ran into a guy as the coach was trying to get off the field. The guy fell down, hit his head, then sued the coach. I think it's too bad the guy didn't have any lingering injury to teach him a lesson that YOU SHOULD NOT EVER BE ON THE FIELD.

/rant off

Didn't the coach throw a fore-arm at the guy and drop him. It's not like they just ran into eachother. People running onto the field is part of college athletics, and I'm not sure where I side on the issue. But jacking the opposing fans is completely uncalled for when all they did was run onto the field.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:52 PM   #10
Pro

PDex's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

mazhirui said:
Fans running onto the field is the stupidest thing ever. I know you guys are saying because it happens it should be in the game, but there's nothing I hate seeing more than people running onto the field after a big win.

There was an incident last year where fans stormed the field at a Marshall game and a coach from the opposing team ran into a guy as the coach was trying to get off the field. The guy fell down, hit his head, then sued the coach. I think it's too bad the guy didn't have any lingering injury to teach him a lesson that YOU SHOULD NOT EVER BE ON THE FIELD.

/rant off

I totally agree. You have a ticket to a SEAT. They don't sell tickets to go dance on the 30 yard line. Too much bad stuff happens between players, coaches, and drunk fans after these games. It needs to stop.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #11
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

The fan said he hit him with a forearm. Then again the fan was drunk, so what does he know? The coach and other witnesses said that as he was running off the field, they ran into each other, the coach put his arms up to avoid a nasty collision, and the guy was knocked over backwards, hitting his head on the ground. Please don't try and justify some idiot being on the field as "part of college athletics." That's bogus. That moron should have been arrested just for being on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2003, 11:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

That reminds of when Nebraska lost in Mizzou.The fans ran on to the field and a fan said something to a Nebraska player that ticked him off and then the player just forarmed the guy.The next game the player was suspended but I don't know what happened to the fan.The fans though need to stay in their seats for goodness sake .I'm just glad I forgot about the actual game.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:25 PM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

After a tough road loss in NCAA, I would feel better watching one of my players or coaches KO a drunken frat boy. Add it to the wishlist.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #14
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

Cardot said:
After a tough road loss in NCAA, I would feel better watching one of my players or coaches KO a drunken frat boy. Add it to the wishlist.

Amen.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:25 PM   #15
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

mazhirui said:
The fan said he hit him with a forearm. Then again the fan was drunk, so what does he know? The coach and other witnesses said that as he was running off the field, they ran into each other, the coach put his arms up to avoid a nasty collision, and the guy was knocked over backwards, hitting his head on the ground. Please don't try and justify some idiot being on the field as "part of college athletics." That's bogus. That moron should have been arrested just for being on the field.

They had video of it. Fans being on the field is part of college athletics, you may not like it, and it may not be right, but it's true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2003, 07:32 PM   #16
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

ndeezlo, you completely made that up. I went back to some local articles from last year, and apparently it was more than bumping into each other, so I take back what I said. Jon Wauford did hit a fan with a forearm, after the fan was taunting Wauford while being on the field after the game. The reason the guy wasn't able to sue (he tried to sue the coach and the school) was for two reasons: first because he was on the field where he wasn't allowed to be anyway, and secondly because there were witnesses that came forward saying that the fan had been cursing and taunting Wauford as the coach tried to leave the field. There were a lot of quotes from the guy's brother where he contradicted both himself, and his brother....basically he was an idiot that got what he deserved. There was no video of it though, none that was ever played on any of the local news, sports websites, ESPN, etc. Maybe you have your own home video?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »