Home

Will NCAA 14 have real positions?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 14 have real positions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will NCAA 14 have real positions?

This is one of the biggest flaws in the game in my opinion. I don't understand why it is so hard to have weakside and stronside ends and lbs, boundary and field corners, XYZ receivers, and olb/de, safety/lb hybrids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Re: Will NCAA 14 have real positions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccutiger
This is one of the biggest flaws in the game in my opinion. I don't understand why it is so hard to have weakside and stronside ends and lbs, boundary and field corners, XYZ receivers, and olb/de, safety/lb hybrids.
Im not sure, but they probably just have LOLB and ROLB because it is easier to understand for the common football gamer. They aren't targeting the hardcore football fanatics with these games, and strong side and weak side might be a tough concept for some people to learn.

Just a guess, I'm not sure why.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Never heard of "boundry and field corners"? What exactly is the "elephant" pos. on def?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #4
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Never heard of "boundry and field corners"? What exactly is the "elephant" pos. on def?
Nevermind, i googled it. Its a term that refers to a DE/LB. I also found a player/position named "jack". This is referred to a player whose position is unknown til the ball is snapped. Jack comes from "jack of all trades".
Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Rookie

They do at least refer to X,Z,Y, and H receivers. Plays are called Y Stick, H Shallow Cross, Z Shallow Cross, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
Im not sure, but they probably just have LOLB and ROLB because it is easier to understand for the common football gamer. They aren't targeting the hardcore football fanatics with these games, and strong side and weak side might be a tough concept for some people to learn.

Just a guess, I'm not sure why.
There are some things that almost all football fans know about it and somethings that only hardcore fans or even actual football players know. The key to a good game is accessibility. You don't want to alienate fans with terminology. Plus, the college game needs to NOT BE TEDIOUS, some fans like to play 2 or 3 seasons within a weekend. You can't do that if you're bogged down in finding a boundary corner in recruiting.

If EA was really about their business, they would add a level of customization, so that on the surface, the user can control how his roster and depth chart is labeled and managed. But alas.....
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
Rookie

I have been asking for this for a few years now. But all I really want is the ability to customize them myself. The game can be shipped with the position names it has always had, just give us the option to rename them for specific teams. Obviously, the custom names would still translate to the '"stock" position names for recruiting and for the draft.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
If EA was really about their business, they would add a level of customization, so that on the surface, the user can control how his roster and depth chart is labeled and managed.
I agree with this. Having Strong Side and Weak Side LB's and other (granular level items) might be better left off the default screens as to not overwhelm the novice players. But there should be an option to enter a more advanced screen where these details can be worked.

With that being said, there are some fundamental issues I would like to see them work before some of the finer details.....like having the CPU able to run the option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »