Home

Hopes for presentation

This is a discussion on Hopes for presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Hopes for presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i wish we had real football presentation. you know, qb's calling plays coaches on the sidelines. the huddle, presnap adjustments and great camera angles.

why in the world any one wants the crappy tv presentation we have to watch 10 times a week already. it will never feel like your part of game, like you are immersed by having tv presentation. it never has and never will. so much would have to be done to give you that feeling and they wont get there this gen. i want to see some white knuckles, oline calling blocking assignements. lbs talking smack to the qb. db's talking as they shift alignment. over the shoulder of the qb looking at the coach for the play watching subs come in and out. pans of the stadium. thats presentation. weak *** espn presentation with barely any stat overlays just becomes just hearing the commentary say same old thing. stale for 5 or 6 years and that wont change.
ESPN (real life) does a good job with Stats, overlays, replays, commentary, big upsets etc. Its not our fault that EA cant replicate that.. The majority would like to see the exact same thing implemented into NCAA Football. And as for the talking smack thing you want, its already in the game FYI. Its just the same old thing. Its so lame that you probably forgot about it,
Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
That is true, 512 isn't much at all. However, the original xbox only had 64 MB of RAM and around 8 GB of Hard drive space compared to the current xbox 360 with 512 MB of RAM and 250 GB Hard drive space.

I'm most certainly not a game developer so I cant say for sure of course, but if we had the immersion and presentation of 2k5 with 64 MB of RAM, 512 is WAYYY more than enough to do whatever it is that needs to be done for a complete package in my opinion.

What is it thats taking up all of that memory that they cant put decent presentation in I wonder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
does 2k8 own some special piece of hardware for presentation that EA has no way to replicate? I'm amazed at the depth it has to offer from training, presentation, highlight shows and knowledge the announcers have.

We had in-game highlights in the early Madden on Sega Genesis as they would cut away from my game to show field goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
IMO I think 2k8's graphics were so bad that they didn't use up as much space as ncaa's graphics do
Basically, to answer all of these, a big differentiating factor in APF 2K and Madden NFL / NCAA Football is the amount of graphics resources used on the on-field action and stadiums. Madden's on-field players and stadiums are quite obviously high-poly meshes with many high-resolution textures across all assets. 2K conversely sacrificed on-field quality of meshes and textures (particularly for players and stadiums) for quality of the entire environment and game, be it fully animated sidelines, animated background objects, presentation wipes, and whatnot.

Madden could implement fully-animated sidelines, more and more varied presentation wipes, and whatnot, but it'd sacrifice visual fidelity of the on-field action, something that is quite obviously a priority for Tiburon.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 24

I'd love to see Lee Corso don the mascot head of his pick before a game! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #36
Banned

GetReal's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm hoping they fixed the little things really. Player equipment has quite a few things that have yet to be fixed or even included. Broadcast camera and new crews would be an incredible addition. This series lacks too many of the little things. The college atmosphere isn't there anymore and plays that should be very exciting feel very blah
Old 04-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #37
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

My biggest complaint with presentation has been the periods of complete silence while a big play is happening. I'm in my 9th year as the head coach at Mississippi State with 4 national championships. I'd imagine Starkville would be PACKED on Saturdays. So last night, when my All-American Quarterback breaks up the middle on a busted read option against #3 ranked Auburn, Brad Nessler says "there he goes!!" At about my 30 yard line. After that? Nothing. 70 yards of silence and the crowd sounds more like a family reunion than thousands of deafening cowbells at Davis Wade. I just don't get the feeling that I'm watching my Bulldogs in person, let alone on ESPN. That kills the atmosphere for me. I really hope not only the commentators, but the crowd react better to big plays, especially long lasting plays.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
My biggest complaint with presentation has been the periods of complete silence while a big play is happening. I'm in my 9th year as the head coach at Mississippi State with 4 national championships. I'd imagine Starkville would be PACKED on Saturdays. So last night, when my All-American Quarterback breaks up the middle on a busted read option against #3 ranked Auburn, Brad Nessler says "there he goes!!" At about my 30 yard line. After that? Nothing. 70 yards of silence and the crowd sounds more like a family reunion than thousands of deafening cowbells at Davis Wade. I just don't get the feeling that I'm watching my Bulldogs in person, let alone on ESPN. That kills the atmosphere for me. I really hope not only the commentators, but the crowd react better to big plays, especially long lasting plays.
Couldn't agree more. This would be the next thing after realistic gameplay I would want fixed.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #39
Rookie

theycallmeSEABASS's Arena

One thing I would like to see presentation wise is the ability to set certain games as '-outs' (whiteouts, blackouts, greenouts, etc.). Would be really awesome in dynasty to not only have your home crowd do it, but also the away crowd (i.e. play at a whiteout @ Penn State).
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

Another thing I'd like to see improvement on is player behavior after a play. I felt like some of the celebrations in NCAA 12 were a good start, although I'm not exactly sure where the in-turf camera makes any sense. It's kind of silly to see players do the "excuse me, pardon me" shoulder bump as they walk into each other after a play.

One of the coolest things I remember from 12's demo was a TD celebration where the player would drop the ball and start to run alongside the back of the endzone. That happens EVERY Saturday; a player scores, unbuckles chinstrap/drops ball, and "rounds off" along the back of the endzone. Why this was taken out on the retail copy is beyond me. Similar to way defenders take off in an over zealous sprint down the field after a big hit/sack.

Last, I'd like an option to be able to start celebrating a win IF the defense has no timeouts before time expires. I doubt this makes it in a game, but if I'd like the option to celebrate my victory as time expires instead of waiting in the victory formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »