Home

Sleepers in recruiting.

This is a discussion on Sleepers in recruiting. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #41
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Sleepers in recruiting.

I haven't used it yet, but this may be able to help find those sleepers.

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37779
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2004, 08:41 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

Recruiting Tool Rar v1.2

Recruiting Tool Zip v1.2
Old 03-04-2004, 10:34 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

shortsoldier said:

I am glad you found this because when it comes to this offseason i will need it
Old 03-05-2004, 12:30 AM   #44
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

saint65 said:
Quote:

shortsoldier said:

I am glad you found this because when it comes to this offseason i will need it

Keep me posted, buddy. I beat Amrid 41-19 and held Shaud Williams to 1.5 YPC. I forced six interceptions and had him confused the whole time. I'll tell you how later.
Justin.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #45
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

In response to the thread I saw about disappoinments, I wanted to bump this thread. To this day, Jasper Huff and Terrance Foreman are two of my favorite stories regarding my NCAA dynasties. Care to keep this thread going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #46
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm going to be recruiting today! I'll keep you updated on my sleeper situations.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #47
Unofficial OS Prodigy

aiahopeful's Arena

I have always been pretty dumb as a recruiter (always drafting 5 stars over 4 stars even if all of their attributes and size say I shouldn't) but reading this thread has motivated me to really pay attention to all the details, and I was able to land a 3 star WR who was 6'7 and ran a 4.26 40 beacuse of it. I am having much more fun recruiting now.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #48
Rookie

When I was playing with San Diego State, I was a couple of years in and I finally got my first real good quarterback, whose name was Darren Alston if I remember correctly. He was the number two quarterback in the country and was a 5 star guy with a strong arm, decent accuracy, and low 80's speed. That same season I got a 3 star quarterback (named Drew Ware), who I really didn't pay that much attention to since Alston had already commited, but I needed him so I could redshirt Alston (I had a senior quarterback who was decent). Ware ended up having better accuracy and speed than Alston, but had pretty crappy armstrength and pretty low accuracy.

So I redshirt Alston like I had planned to, and Ware ends up being my thirdstring quarterback. Well in my second game of Ware and Alston's true freshman season, my starting quarterback gets hurt. I put in the backup but I wasn't able to do anything with him, he was 0 of 7 with a pick before I finally turn to Ware. He leads me to a come from behind victory in that game, ending up with about 125 yards passing and 50 rushing in a little less than a half.

So I leave Ware as the starter for the next game, which was my hardest OOC game, against UCLA. Ware gets 225 passing and 100 rushing from my shotgun option attack, leading me to a huge win. Ware continued to play great throughout the MWC schedule, leading us to an undefeated season and a BCS bowl. He ended up with about 2500 passing yards and 800 rushing, and went on to have an amazing career, only losing a total of three games (two of which were against USC out of conference) and winning the NC in his senior season, in a redemption game against the USC team which had beaten him the previous two seasons. He also won the Heisman in his senior season. Alston never even got off the bench until his senior season, when Ware was gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »