Home

Passing Accuracy

This is a discussion on Passing Accuracy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #25
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Passing Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
But that also brings up another problem. The kicker meter is idiot proof. Unless you goofing around, pretty much damn near impossible to miss a FG with somebody with a good leg.

The only FGs I ever miss is because the kicker's leg was weak and it came up short. Other then that, I never miss.
Exactly, which is why I keep frowning at the screen ITT when people keep referring to visual aides for accuracy. Just like with the kicking meter, which needs to go away too or at least be optional, all this does is hand hold the User. Again, there is no visual meter in a basketball game for shooting the basketball, the User has to learn the unique timing for each players shoot, due to their signature shooting motions. The User can activate a visual help mechanic which shows them the when they released the shoot to help them adjust but no meter showing exactly when to release the button.

Just have passing done like shooting jump shots in that basketball game and have kicking mapped to the stick like that other football game from 2007, problems solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #26
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
I don't like the idea of a meter. Throwing the football with anticipation, while reading a defense and accounting for pressure is much more complex than a simple stationary base.

I think the passing game is fine to be honest. That's the least of my concerns. If they do reform it though, make the ratings the sole variable though.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I like this idea a lot, but I thought the meter should just be put around the icon of the wideout you are throwing to. Look at B

You would still be looking in that direction, so it should be intuitive to put the meter right next to the wideout.

I would also make it so that the first part of the meter is the windup, and if a QB is hit during that part there is a much higher chance of a strip sack. That would further differentiate the quick-release passers from the long windup guys like Tebow.
I like this idea. Wouldn't be intrusive, and would add more user control over the outcome. And like you said the slow delivery guys would finally be at a disadvantage. Guys like Peyton Manning with 95+ accuracy should be incredibly easy to hit the green with, while guys like Kaepernick who are not so accurate would be a more of a challenge to get the perfect throw.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #28
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
I like this idea. Wouldn't be intrusive, and would add more user control over the outcome. And like you said the slow delivery guys would finally be at a disadvantage. Guys like Peyton Manning with 95+ accuracy should be incredibly easy to hit the green with, while guys like Kaepernick who are not so accurate would be a more of a challenge to get the perfect throw.
I feel like they would HAVE to hire someone from the show to implement this.. I don't trust the current team.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I feel like they would HAVE to hire someone from the show to implement this.. I don't trust the current team.
It wouldn't be a whole lot different than the pitching mechanisms that they had in their MVP Baseball games. I have come to not expect much out of EA, but I am confident they could at least implement a meter successfully... but who really knows anymore.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #30
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Exactly, which is why I keep frowning at the screen ITT when people keep referring to visual aides for accuracy. Just like with the kicking meter, which needs to go away too or at least be optional, all this does is hand hold the User. Again, there is no visual meter in a basketball game for shooting the basketball, the User has to learn the unique timing for each players shoot, due to their signature shooting motions. The User can activate a visual help mechanic which shows them the when they released the shoot to help them adjust but no meter showing exactly when to release the button.

Just have passing done like shooting jump shots in that basketball game and have kicking mapped to the stick like that other football game from 2007, problems solved.

Agreed 100%. Why does there need to be an actual meter?

They should create several dozen throwing motions/stances and the user has to learn the releases. Better the attributes, the more leeway there is.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Agreed 100%. Why does there need to be an actual meter?

They should create several dozen throwing motions/stances and the user has to learn the releases. Better the attributes, the more leeway there is.
Exactly. I am sitting here wondering, are my posts too long so people aren't reading them, because that basketball game pretty much does what the OP is talking about from The Show, minus the on screen meters. Yet it's actually a little better in the basketball game because the max ratings accuracy is determined by timing and the timing is determined by the players shooting style.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 04-14-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

What meters do is actually show us our input on a play. We know if its our fault, or EAs random roll of the dice.

Using the basketball game's release timing also works though. But, then again it would need to give me a result on how close I was to a perfect release.

As long as the User has input onto how accurate the pass is, its a step in the right direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »