Home

Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

This is a discussion on Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #41
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

OVR: 0
Couldn't care less--average visuals to go with crap audio------AND THEN THE GAMEPLAY SUCKS EVEN MORE! They really needed to change the Line play this year... Badly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6
It bothers me that people care more about jersey number outline colors than actual gameplay. And you wonder why this game gets shackles.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #43
Pro

richmondn96's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
While that is true, there are a few things we can glean from the picture.

1) The RB appears to be moving parallel to the yardline and hashmarks. So we can conclude that the back is trying to bounce the run outside, toward the near sideline.

2) #41 (FB) and #88 (TE) have sealed their defenders to the inside. So we can assume (hopefully) that this was an outside running play with the FB leading the play.

3) #8 (Pos unknown, but will assume a WR) is blocking a defender back toward the original spot of the ball. If #8 is a WR, due to his positioning relative to the other offensive players on the field we can make a logical conclusion that the running play is a toss/sweep to the left of the offense and #8 is performing a crack block on the playside DE or OLB.

4) If it is a toss/sweep with the WR cracking down, #4 would likely be the CB coming up to try and make the tackle/force the run back inside. Due to his positioning, it would appear that the CB came too far upfield and the back was able to slide inside of the CB and avoid the tackle.

5) If all the logical conclusions from the still shot are true, then we can conclude that the blockers are in the correct position for the play and the RB was able to get to the edge of the defense.

To me this play looks like an end around or screen pass coming to wide receiver #4 Andre Debose. Likely not a RB handoff or toss sweep unless the roster/positions are not correct at this point. #8 is Trey Burton who is listed by UF as a WR but frequently lines up at H back or tight end.

I just thought of something else: Could this play be a kickoff return? Debose is probably the Gators return man.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #44
Rookie

wkukicksbutt's Arena

Re: Another New NCAA Football 14 Screenshot - Georgia Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators

It looks like in the screen shot to me, that this is the Jacksonville stadium, maybe a hint that neutral sites are in this year.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
To me this play looks like an end around or screen pass coming to wide receiver #4 Andre Debose. Likely not a RB handoff or toss sweep unless the roster/positions are not correct at this point. #8 is Trey Burton who is listed by UF as a WR but frequently lines up at H back or tight end.

I just thought of something else: Could this play be a kickoff return? Debose is probably the Gators return man.
I don't see how either of those explains the position of #8 in relation to the play. This is the problem with stills. The ballcarrier is too close to the hash for it to be a screen pass, especially with #8 blocking in toward the spot of the ball. And there is no good reason for #8 to be blocking back toward the spot of the ball on an end around/reverse. If this is an end around/reverse or a screen, then this picture shows bad play design and execution.

So, with EA's track record this gen, you are probably right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #46
Rookie

nice screen shots, but yet again white uniforms have no grass stains or anything else. may look like another year where color uniforms get dirty, while white uniforms stay clean
Old 04-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #47
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkukicksbutt
It looks like in the screen shot to me, that this is the Jacksonville stadium, maybe a hint that neutral sites are in this year.
Fla and GA play in this stadium every year and it's been in the game for a long time. Not a sign that other sites have been added
Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #48
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
While that is true, there are a few things we can glean from the picture.

1) The RB appears to be moving parallel to the yardline and hashmarks. So we can conclude that the back is trying to bounce the run outside, toward the near sideline.

2) #41 (FB) and #88 (TE) have sealed their defenders to the inside. So we can assume (hopefully) that this was an outside running play with the FB leading the play.

3) #8 (Pos unknown, but will assume a WR) is blocking a defender back toward the original spot of the ball. If #8 is a WR, due to his positioning relative to the other offensive players on the field we can make a logical conclusion that the running play is a toss/sweep to the left of the offense and #8 is performing a crack block on the playside DE or OLB.

4) If it is a toss/sweep with the WR cracking down, #4 would likely be the CB coming up to try and make the tackle/force the run back inside. Due to his positioning, it would appear that the CB came too far upfield and the back was able to slide inside of the CB and avoid the tackle.

5) If all the logical conclusions from the still shot are true, then we can conclude that the blockers are in the correct position for the play and the RB was able to get to the edge of the defense.
I agree. People get on here and just make up their own little scenario in their mind to try to justify their bashing of EA.

I havent been happy with the product the last few years, but you have to at least give them a chance.... Looked good to me. anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »