Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2: Presentation

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2: Presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #57
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports Presentation Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Yep that is what that is

Also that star under the CB is new right?
Yeah I think it is indicating that the CB is an impact player. Not new, but it's a welcome sight.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0

I must say, this is sounding like a winner. I'm a fiend for the small presentation details as it is what really keeps me immersed. 5 different pigskins, I actually observed team colored socks in the first video showing off the footplanting, load of new gloves, hand held broadcast camera shots, key drive/player commentary, halftime highlights, player chatter finally returned (last I heard players talking **** on the field was Madden 08, then it disappeared), new commentary that doesn't unlock until deep in your dynasty, yea I'm sold. Lets hope it all meshes well.

Everything thats been written about today is all I've been standing by for this past 8 years honestly. Any other problems that persist, I hope they've smoothed em out some, ie DB glitch, etc, etc, but its nothing I've ever had problems dealing with utilizing a healthy dose of imagination and house rules. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is about to be a good year for the old school football heads. Look at ole Tiburon trying to depart this generation with a bang. Ben and all the devs over at Tiburon, Madden included (if NCAA is coming with all of this, I'm going to faint when the Madden info pours in) I see you, go ahead and bring that ****, I'm patiently standing by.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 04-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #59
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I share your sentiment as well when comparing it to NBA 2k. Atleast until I can see a video of how this "blur tempo" is implemented. The thing with NBA 2k is that even after the montage they still go on with the pre-game intro, announcing the starting lineups, and we see signature pre-game rituals if you want to call them that. I am just in a wait and see approach right now, because again, this is EA we are talking about when it comes to presentation.
Good point, it well be key how all this is seamed together, considering the ESPN article also mentioned this;

"To go along with the new menus, dynamic load screens give more information about the game that you’re about to play. You’ll see the top players for each team, a list of injured players, and scores from around the country."

I think that's great and I believe NBA2k does something similar with the load screens, so my hope is that they weren't afraid to continue to implement more of NBA2k's well done presentation elements, extending it into the start of the game. I feel optimistic that they have, I just wonder how they have gone about it, some video will be interesting.

Not to start an early wishlist but I think it would be cool if right after the coin toss, with the players shaking hands at midfield, if they implemented that "fade out/fade back in" sequence, as if going to commercial breaks, then having the commentary segue back into opening kickoff. Everyone knows what I am referring to the "we'll have the opening kickoff when we come back" and then "welcome back, the teams are set to get this game underway". Accounting for time transitions like that would definitely help keep the immersion versus going straight from coin toss to kickoff.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #60
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I think it is indicating that the CB is an impact player. Not new, but it's a welcome sight.
Yep, he's an impact player. That's in NCAA 13 too.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #61
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

We are gonna need to make a list of what schools use what ball. I LOVE the Wilson GST. Its my absolute favorite.. I dont know why

ALSO:
Do you think the new NFL stadiums will be avalible to use for conference championship games? Because I think Soldier field would be PERFECT for the B1G championship game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #62
Rookie

MsuGaige's Arena

OVR: 2

I wanna know if they updated Michigan St stadium other than that it sounds good on paper. I want to see a video tho
Paw Paw Redskins
Wolverine Conference
Michigan H.S Football
B10 Football/Basketball
Old 04-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #63
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
ALSO:
Do you think the new NFL stadiums will be avalible to use for conference championship games? Because I think Soldier field would be PERFECT for the B1G championship game
I don't see why not. Every stadium in the game was available for championship games in '13
Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #64
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Was there no video with this Playbook Release.

I would like to see this presentation in action.

The first playbook had a video with running back upgrades and Infinity Engine addition. But was hoping to see the presentation in action.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »