Home

NCAA Football 14 Presentation Trailer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Presentation Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #33
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Trailer

Those stat overlays....

If dynasty shows up then I'm sold. This looks far superior to last years game.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #34
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

lol the ACC sucks, but the conference would be on suicide watch if a team leaving the conference was about to win the damned thing, while Clemson and FSU struggle to be bowl eligible.

I hope they fixed the simulation results, cuz there were far too many upsets last year, with most of the top teams losing to celler dwellers and totally throwing off the top 10.

I have to shake my head at this.

NOOOOOOO, EA. No. Just...no. When we say we want a graphic that compares the teams, we don't mean showing their video game attributes. Sigh. I hope there is time to just completely get RID of that screen. The look of it is fine, but replace those numbers with win/loss record, offense/defense statistical rankings, injuries, head coaches, etc etc. And if that is a play now game, then use records from the past year or something.

Jeeze. Even a "A+" is better than using an actual number.

I also hope that all of the new presentation overlays aren't full screen like that. It's cool before the game and from time to time during the game/after the half, but a lot of the overlays in real life are smaller and actually shown during the action on the field.

A lot of these new overlays look like you can accidentally miss them because you're mashing x to get to the next play.

...which brings me to my next point, and another disappointment, being the cutscene celebrations. It's so awesome watching the celebrations of 2k because they happen in real time, and the replays of the celebrations are authentic to broadcast, but these NCAA cutscene celebrations are still so generic looking. Doesn't matter how many new ones you add. They all look "the same", which is, unnatural and video gamey.

I'm loving neutral site games. Finally. I'm hoping they can be scheduled at will. I might try some funky stuff like making ND vs FSU an annual neutral site game somewhere.

Overall, I give this presentation trailer a 71.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #35
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

^^^

I was thinking the same thing with the number attributes for Offense/Defense/Overall. The only big eye sore from the trailer. You would think that they could give us something a little more lifelike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #36
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Yea that Tale of the Tape is flat out dumb. Please tell an example in real life where the pregame announcers compared teams by saying Georgia is an 88 overall and Clemson is a 93. Cut scenes also do NOTHING for me because they become repetitive and end up awkward. It's 2013, use Real Time Presentation already.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #37
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

I think cutscenes also lack life because they usually occur with dead-air. Monotone crowd. No commentary. And cutscene animations look boring.

Not at all like on NBA2k where the announcing team will cut off what they are saying to drool over a big play, commenting on it while the real time celebrations play out.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #38
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I think cutscenes also lack life because they usually occur with dead-air. Monotone crowd. No commentary. And cutscene animations look boring.

Not at all like on NBA2k where the announcing team will cut off what they are saying to drool over a big play, commenting on it while the real time celebrations play out.
I dream of the day when players interact with the sidelines after a big play.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Yea that Tale of the Tape is flat out dumb. Please tell an example in real life where the pregame announcers compared teams by saying Georgia is an 88 overall and Clemson is a 93. Cut scenes also do NOTHING for me because they become repetitive and end up awkward. It's 2013, use Real Time Presentation already.
That is a really good point people are making about that graphic, it should be passed on to an EAGC because it's likely something like that can be changed. Like someone else stated, would be great if it showed their national rank of those things, like Offense-9th/Defense-13th, etc and they could just have it repeat showing the rankings already supplied in the loading screen.

Spoiler
Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #40
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

I just noticed that you can pick the weather for dynasty games. Nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »