Home

EA editing images

This is a discussion on EA editing images within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA editing images

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
its THIS kind of nitpicking that is just crazy to me lol. its in the game!
Why is wanting things to look as they do in real life nitpicking. This is supposed to be a simulation.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #18
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Haha I didn't even notice the extra bar up top. If you look at the madden screenshot I posted and look at th picture of Dan marino you will see the two do not look the same.

Now that may be EAs attempt at that facemask. But it's just bad. Look how t slants down.

I know the mask 91 is wearing is supposed to be the same mask that he is wearing in the picture. But it's so wrong.

It can't be that hard to get facemask right.

This is all over a facemask that less than 5 people in the NFL and NCAA combined wear.

I just don't know what else to say.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

You must be young. The point is, they can't get it right. Or they don't care to. Many of the facemask in madden are wrong. An example is drew brees. They can't get that right to save their lives.

Also ever think there are fans that don't care much for the watered down nfl of today. And would like to recreate the best teams and players in the history of the nfl?
Old 04-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #20

KANE699's Arena

I've been here since 2007 and have worked on Madden and NCAA, and I must be young.

I am the only reason you have gotten new facemasks in Madden 10-13.

Do me a favor and look at some of my posts, your favorite facemask from the 80's does not supercede all other equipment in the EA Football franchises.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #21
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

You are the only reason? Um what? We shouldn't be waiting for any facemask. We shouldn't even be asking for facemask. Because they should have been in the game to start. If a player wears it, it should be in. There in no excuse. And there is no excuse for them to not look exactly like they do in real life.

3d molders can make many amazing things. Create whole new planets. But ea sports can't get a simple facemask right? APF got right. From the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #22

KANE699's Arena

APF's take on the same facemask is just as bad if not worse, as are a lot of their facemasks from 2k8 and 2k5, they did a great job with player models but when it came to helmets and facemasks they didn't seem to execute so well.

And yes if you would do any research you would know that I made the decisions on what got put in and what got taken out on Madden in the last few years as far as helmets and facemasks go.

It's about prioritizing given the space you have so you want to choose the equipment that is worn more frequently than the stuff that is rare so that the majority of the players can look as authentic as possible.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

2k5 facemask were terrible. I will agree, but APF got them right. IMO.

Just look at the example I posted of Dan Marino then number 9. It's an exact match. And they got the drew Bree's facemask perfect. Madden still doesn't have that one right.

Did you work on facemask? Or just decide what got in. Because if you worked on them obviously I'm insulting your work and that was not my intention.

How about this, just keep in mind that some fans care more about the history and great teams of the nfl and ncaa than the present day. So if you and EA could take that into consideration that would be great.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #24
Rookie

peddie15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
APF's take on the same facemask is just as bad if not worse, as are a lot of their facemasks from 2k8 and 2k5, they did a great job with player models but when it came to helmets and facemasks they didn't seem to execute so well.

And yes if you would do any research you would know that I made the decisions on what got put in and what got taken out on Madden in the last few years as far as helmets and facemasks go.

It's about prioritizing given the space you have so you want to choose the equipment that is worn more frequently than the stuff that is rare so that the majority of the players can look as authentic as possible.
So..is there anyway you could get new ones in NCAA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »