Home

BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football

This is a discussion on BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #65
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Footb

Dealbreaker.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 19
The real issue is that this says that "Nothing" was done in respect to FCS/Smaller schools making into and in many cases, beating supposed to be better schools on a regular basis.

Many times when something is not included, it means that other "broken" issues that would have some type of correlation would go untouched.

As stated by other posters, what about the broken BCS functionality in their game that they are sticking with?

That's an under-the-hood issue, so they "Will Not" touch it with a 100ft pole.

This will be advertised as an "All New" feature on the new consoles, better believe that....
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #67
Rookie

bobaloo000's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Footb

Well this blows.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 PM   #68
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

The Show 12 didn't have the new playoff format last year. But they get a pass I guess.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #69
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This isn't true.

The three components of the current BCS formula are the Harris Poll, Coaches Poll, and an average of six computerized ranking systems. Each of these three components comprises one third of a team's total score in the BCS standings. These components are all known entities and may be simulated, regardless of knowledge of exact implementation. For example, the means of computation for a team's score in the Sagarin rating, which is one component of the computer average, is not public knowledge, but exact knowledge of the Sagarin rating isn't needed to attempt to create a reasonable representation of the total computer average portion of the BCS formula.

In contrast, there are absolutely no specifics as to how team selection will take place for the college football playoff. Any attempt to simulate it at this juncture will have no basis in reality.
Leaving it out lacks more reality than including it in some muted form. It's a reality that a four-team playoff is coming next year. Regardless of how perfectly accurate programming logic replicates the selection of the top four, the playoff format itself is pretty simple.

I also stand by my original statement. EA does not know the specifics of the computer formulas that are used in the BCS rankings, yet they have found a way to implement the BCS in the game. Their own justification for not including the four-team playoff is due to a lack of info on the selection process -- which means a concern over accuracy. I don't buy that logic.

Make it an option that can be turned on where the top four in the BCS standings are put into a four-team playoff at the end of the year. It doesn't have to be perfect and they don't even have to include it. I just find their excuse to be a little thin.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #70
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
The Show 12 didn't have the new playoff format last year. But they get a pass I guess.
But...but...The Show is God's gift to sports games and can do no wrong...
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #71
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
MLB announces new playoff format for 2012: March 2, 2012
MLB 12 The Show is released for retail sale: March 6, 2012

NCAA announces four-team playoff: June 27, 2012
NCAA 14 release date: July 9, 2013
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
excitement for NCAA 14...

Well great. Now I have to go cancel my preorder. I had it paid off. What else should I get now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »