Home

Over/Under on NCAA 14 freeze issue to take place

This is a discussion on Over/Under on NCAA 14 freeze issue to take place within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: NCAA 14 freezing issue to take place
Over 50% 14 41.18%
Under 50% 20 58.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Over/Under on NCAA 14 freeze issue to take place

Froze first time I tried to play it while selecting uniforms, every other time my 360 gave me disc read errors while playing. Tried to play three games, only got through one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #26
Rookie

RVallee's Arena

OVR: 6

I've played a total of 5 games, 2 Play Now exhibition games and 3 Online Dynasty games. I've had the game freeze on me 3 times so far.

Once was post game in the OD after playing the cpu, it froze when it's showing highlights and showing you the points you've earned for the various things. The other two was on the OD game load screen, when it shows the Team Stats Matchup.

I'm not one who plays a ton of games, mostly sports games and Madden pretty much year round, but this never happens to me, so I'm pretty disappointed right now. I love the game so far but I'm not going to go through having to restart my PS3 and System Check 3 times before I can play a game.

http://www.twitch.tv/rva11ee
Old 07-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVallee
I've played a total of 5 games, 2 Play Now exhibition games and 3 Online Dynasty games. I've had the game freeze on me 3 times so far.

Once was post game in the OD after playing the cpu, it froze when it's showing highlights and showing you the points you've earned for the various things. The other two was on the OD game load screen, when it shows the Team Stats Matchup.

I'm not one who plays a ton of games, mostly sports games and Madden pretty much year round, but this never happens to me, so I'm pretty disappointed right now. I love the game so far but I'm not going to go through having to restart my PS3 and System Check 3 times before I can play a game.
Add me to the freezing list. TBD if it's as bad as it was in '13 for me, but I'm definitely having more than my share of gameplay freezing and loading screen freezing after devoting 1+ hour into a game (and not having it save).
Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #28
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache
3 games last night...1 freeze after the 3rd game was over and it started to go through the highlights
If your on PS3 were you pressing X to skip through highlights.

I played a great deal of games and yesterday was in a rush after my A&M vs Alabama game and tried to rush through highlights and it froze for the first time.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
If your on PS3 were you pressing X to skip through highlights.

I played a great deal of games and yesterday was in a rush after my A&M vs Alabama game and tried to rush through highlights and it froze for the first time.
I know you weren't talking to me, but I'll answer because this has intrigued me. I have seen it both ways on 360 where I feel like I do better if I skip highlights throughout the game and at the end, and others I feel like I'm going to lock it up by skipping. Not knowing the root cause of the issue makes it tough. For instance, I KNOW College Basketball 10 was to where you needed to let it play out and not skip a single highlight. Not sure how it is or should be with NCAA football.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #30
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosMcGee
I know you weren't talking to me, but I'll answer because this has intrigued me. I have seen it both ways on 360 where I feel like I do better if I skip highlights throughout the game and at the end, and others I feel like I'm going to lock it up by skipping. Not knowing the root cause of the issue makes it tough. For instance, I KNOW College Basketball 10 was to where you needed to let it play out and not skip a single highlight. Not sure how it is or should be with NCAA football.
It seems the issue isn't the highlights it's the XP points being calculated at the top of the screen. Or at least for me that is what it seems like.

When the XP start scrolling at the top it's starts slowing down and eventually froze when I kept hitting X.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »