Home

Why are we still stuck @ 12 user limit?

This is a discussion on Why are we still stuck @ 12 user limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 04:51 AM   #17
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why are we still stuck @ 12 user limit?

Can Ed o'bannon win his lawsuit already so this game can die? So sick of getting my hopes up every year while they clearly don't give a crap about this game. I could program better improvements on my own if I had a year between installments, this is just pathetic.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #18
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Thanks for the clarification drifterbub.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

I think they should have raise it to 16, 20 maybe. You can have 4 players in the Major conferences.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Just because YOU would hate to do it does not mean there aren't people out there who would LOVE to be able to do it. Even for offline dynasties i'd like to be able to control more than just 12 teams. And be able to import more than just 12 teams. In MLB the Show, I control every team. I only play the Yankees games but I like to have roster control over every team so if there's a trade in real life, I can always reflect that in the game. Same thing with NBA 2k13, I control every team. I play all the Heat games but I also play a lot of other matchups when the games are interesting, like if it's the Thunder vs Lakers or Knicks vs Celtics. It also allowed me to make all the trades and get the rosters as accurate as possible.

Now in college football there aren't trades, but I'd still like to be able to control more than just 12.

Teambuilder gets NO love from the NCAA team since they added it. Teambuilder teams still only get either all white or all black cleats which makes the entire uniform look generic. Most underutilized feature the NCAA team has ever added.
Do you have any idea how much coding/design would go into changing something like this? Yes let's take the Devs away from important things so your Team builder team can have the right freaking shoe:banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
Do you have any idea how much coding/design would go into changing something like this? Yes let's take the Devs away from important things so your Team builder team can have the right freaking shoe:banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Really? There would be SO MUCH coding for them to allow your teambuilder teams the same cleat colors as every other team already in the game? I must have missed where I said I wanted the gameplay guys to go work on teambuilder. Forgive me for seeing the potential in teambuilder, like many others, and be frustrated that they haven't updated it since they included it. Silly me, too much coding for them to do I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

the 12 user limit was a limitation from the PS2/Xbox days, dynasty is the same core as it was then, so it remains (along with the 70 player limit, among other issues)
Old 05-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #23
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Can Ed o'bannon win his lawsuit already so this game can die? So sick of getting my hopes up every year while they clearly don't give a crap about this game. I could program better improvements on my own if I had a year between installments, this is just pathetic.
By All means, go for it bro.

As far as the magic # goes. Im on both sides of the fence here. Here goes.

1) While I love the idea of upping the number, I wouldn't wanna up it to high because it would just be silly to have 50 users and barley 10 of them actually playing like they should. It just takes away from the overall experience from the game in totality. (But this is its only downside)

2) Good news, Im all for upping the number to make things more interesting as well as enhancing the OVERALL experience of the OD.. Upping the number will basically WORK if ALL (lets just say about 90%) of the users are actually playing. (And doing EVERYTHING to advance the game THE RIGHT WAY). While we cant predict the odds of these things together, its a hit/miss situation.

3) While the #12 is reference to conference size, my belief is that is was basically designed for all your friends to play and manage with you.

BOTTOM Line = Raise the # & pray you dont have alot of void OD floating around.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifterbub
There are some limitations that I don't think I can share. And I guess some other stuff has been higher on the 'list' of things to implement.

The 'magic number' was initially 12 because that was the size of most conferences when NCAA '09 was released.

Like I said, it's been consistent feedback from the community. I'm hoping it gets addressed with the introduction of new-gen tech. Shouldn't be any limitations with that.
its always been twelve. on ps2 i had a online dynasty where we would save the file to memory card and use the shark to put it online and download file. you could only have 12 users back in the day also. they just stuck with the same number when they added Online dyansty's.

i like my dynasty's around 5 or 6 guys so you can actually get 15 to 20 seasons in. with 12 you might make it to christmas and be in year 5. then everyone quits

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »