Home

Daily Mall: How visit from WVU staff changes EA's NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Daily Mall: How visit from WVU staff changes EA's NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Daily Mall: How visit from WVU staff changes EA's NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
How they keep skipping over signing day is beyond me.
THe only hope we have is with the next gen and their blu ray drives, I know PS3 had one, that are capable of holding much more information.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Daily Mall: How visit from WVU staff changes EA's NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode

How do they not still have de-commits? I wonder if they asked the WVU guys, when a player gives a verbal to a school do you just pack up shop and take him off your board because there's no way schools stop going after guys until the ink is dry on that letter of intent.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
One question I have: if you are recruiting a kid at "School A" and you take a new job at "School B," will you have a chance to bring a recruit (or the info you've unlocked about him) with you, or will you have to start all over?

I feel like once you have that connection with a recruit you should always have it, no matter where you may take a job.
Highly doubt it, when a recruit commits to a school that's it. He's locked to that school. At least that's how it's always been.

Makes no sense. I coached a kid who verbally committed to Auburn. Once Chizik got fired he started looking elsewhere and went on visits to UF, FSU & LSU before ultimately signing his letter with LSU. In the game this scenario isn't possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Highly doubt it, when a recruit commits to a school that's it. He's locked to that school. At least that's how it's always been.

Makes no sense. I coached a kid who verbally committed to Auburn. Once Chizik got fired he started looking elsewhere and went on visits to UF, FSU & LSU before ultimately signing his letter with LSU. In the game this scenario isn't possible.
Maybe we could have a system where if a coach is fired, his recruits are "let loose" and free to go elsewhere. There should be about a 20 to 30 percent chance of the recruit going to another school in this case.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Maybe we could have a system where if a coach is fired, his recruits are "let loose" and free to go elsewhere. There should be about a 20 to 30 percent chance of the recruit going to another school in this case.
honestly, easiest solutions... don't lock recruits up when they commit & include de-commits. Those should just be verbals and you should still be able to recruit them and then add the ability to de-commit.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #14
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
One question I have: if you are recruiting a kid at "School A" and you take a new job at "School B," will you have a chance to bring a recruit (or the info you've unlocked about him) with you, or will you have to start all over?

I feel like once you have that connection with a recruit you should always have it, no matter where you may take a job.
It would be nice to also have a chance to bring a player with you (like Crist following Weis). Like say you are an Air Raid type QB and the new coach is going to bring an Oregon-like offense. Under those scenarios the player might follow you (or at least transfer out to a similar offense).
Old 06-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #15
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

We wont get de-commits for the same reason we will never get player discipline back.. its a thing the the NCAA wishes didn't happen and so EA Sports wont get permission to put it in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
We wont get de-commits for the same reason we will never get player discipline back.. its a thing the the NCAA wishes didn't happen and so EA Sports wont get permission to put it in the game.
Although that may be a piece of it - I think another part of it is that the casual franchise player just won't like it. Is it realistic? Yes. Is it fun? That is debatable depending on your take but I could see a lot of frustration from a more casual franchise player. Keep in mind this is the same reason they have explained in the past that we don't see things like fumbled snaps. It is realistic - but many don't find it as a fun feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »