Home

What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

This is a discussion on What did You Want In Dynasty instead? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12
What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

A lot of people seem dissapointed in the new things added to dynasty this year. The way I see things is that they finally made it about the coach and gives you a chance to build your program the way you want while also having the variety of skills to diversify coaches. Then the recruiting seems even deeper while adding more simplicity to the user. With that, why were people dissapointed about the features and what did they think needed to be added instead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

Playoff
85 Man Rosters
Custom Bowl Tie Ins
Able to upgrade stadiums and facilities to help recruiting pitches
Be able to delete conferences
Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

85 man rosters is so simple yet so important. It's hard to have an depth in the trenches with a 70 man roster.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

I think plenty of people like or are ok with the changes and additions, they just think there should be more. There are some things that really should be added - some that were in the previous gen - so a lot of players are disappointed that those features are still absent. I really like the recruiting and coach skills, but I acknowledge that there remain some head-scratching omissions.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I would have liked to see hire/fire coordinators and facility upgrades. Can't complain too much with what we got though. I'm excited for dynasty this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

I like the changes/additions. I think they are about 5 years overdue. But I like them.

My main concern (as always) is the coaching carousel. It has been very underwhelming since its inception and I was hoping that they would talk specifically on how they improved it. Their lack of communication about it makes me think/feel that they did little to it. Now, I could see the coach skills thing making a difference in how it functions, but still. I'm tired of seeing coordinators from small schools with losing records land BCS head coaching jobs. The logic needs to be severely tweaked.

I also really wanted the ability to hire/fire coordinators. I understand you can control the ratings they have, etc. But to me that is so video game-ish. I realize that's what we are doing here, but I want as much realism as possible. Quite frankly, I don't want to determine the skills my coordinator has. I want to hire the guy because of a certain skill set and help him to grow, not change how he is.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I like the changes/additions. I think they are about 5 years overdue. But I like them.

My main concern (as always) is the coaching carousel. It has been very underwhelming since its inception and I was hoping that they would talk specifically on how they improved it. Their lack of communication about it makes me think/feel that they did little to it. Now, I could see the coach skills thing making a difference in how it functions, but still. I'm tired of seeing coordinators from small schools with losing records land BCS head coaching jobs. The logic needs to be severely tweaked.

I also really wanted the ability to hire/fire coordinators. I understand you can control the ratings they have, etc. But to me that is so video game-ish. I realize that's what we are doing here, but I want as much realism as possible. Quite frankly, I don't want to determine the skills my coordinator has. I want to hire the guy because of a certain skill set and help him to grow, not change how he is.
I think I heard contract logic was fixed some
Old 05-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

I like the changes but there are a couple things still missing.

Hiring/firing assistants. Even just coordinators would be fine.
Negotiating assistant coach salary as part of your contract. Do you give up some of your pay (xp) to get better assistants?
Upgradable stadiums. It'd be tacky but even just plugging in a dozen or so generic stadiums and letting me move into one would be alright. Also upgradable facilities.
Team builder upgrades.
Playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »