Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #41
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Where is the better foot planting when turning? I was looking through the video but didn't see it. Honest question!
I don't know how to tell you where to look for it. I think its easy to see that the players don't float or glide like they used to.

I was also told by 2 people who played it extensively at E3 that when you are running the ball it feels very different from previous versions.

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-14-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #42
Rookie

Sooners43ver's Arena

OVR: 1

SportsGamerShow has 3 videos of ND/Stanford, Bama/LSU, and practice mode on YouTube. Everyone go check them out!!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #43
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'll piggyback off of this, KG - the presentation is the same as 13 it seems. They added the thing that FIFA does before the games where it previews the two teams playing - like it can see into the future of what the game will look like. That is just laziness to be honest; what is so hard to show players warming up with cut scenes instead? FIFA should do the same.

Yes, this! That almost ruins any immersion type feel that is being set up for playing a game to me. I honestly can't even wrap my brain around what they are trying to accomplish with showing a montage of the two teams playing a game that hasn't happened yet. I can't even pretend in a make believe world that it may be footage from a prior game or some crud like that. That is simply awful and a waste of time and space, in my opinion.

It is 2013 and I miss things that were on Playstation 1 at this point. A loading screen that showed an overhead shot of the venue a game was going to be played at, school's all-time record and conference record. Perhaps throw in a quick weather report (with variable and dynamic weather) key injuries, vital stats, enrollment numbers and school history (number of championships and bowl record or head to head record against the current opponent). Anything other than a controller showing me button layouts or "hints" or advertisements for something on EA.com! Perhaps if I had the game set on rookie, but after about 4 games that gets old and should never be shown in a dynasty.

But for the intro, they spent all these years working to show what makes each school unique for their home games and doing these custom intros and now we get a freakin montage of generic cut-scenes playing out in a game that hasn't occurred yet? Just as bad as the "highlights" Madden would flash to before every halftime. What is this 1989 Tecmo Bowl? C'mon, EA!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #44
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
don't want to derail the thread, just head over the Generic Editor thread, it's all there.
I cant find it.. can you link me to it please?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #45
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

Yes, this! That almost ruins any immersion type feel that is being set up for playing a game to me. I honestly can't even wrap my brain around what they are trying to accomplish with showing a montage of the two teams playing a game that hasn't happened yet. I can't even pretend in a make believe world that it may be footage from a prior game or some crud like that. That is simply awful and a waste of time and space, in my opinion.

It is 2013 and I miss things that were on Playstation 1 at this point. A loading screen that showed an overhead shot of the venue a game was going to be played at, school's all-time record and conference record. Perhaps throw in a quick weather report (with variable and dynamic weather) key injuries, vital stats, enrollment numbers and school history (number of championships and bowl record or head to head record against the current opponent). Anything other than a controller showing me button layouts or "hints" or advertisements for something on EA.com! Perhaps if I had the game set on rookie, but after about 4 games that gets old and should never be shown in a dynasty.

But for the intro, they spent all these years working to show what makes each school unique for their home games and doing these custom intros and now we get a freakin montage of generic cut-scenes playing out in a game that hasn't occurred yet? Just as bad as the "highlights" Madden would flash to before every halftime. What is this 1989 Tecmo Bowl? C'mon, EA!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 0

The montage should've been set to play out only after the first game of your season. Afterwards, the skin for the other team could've been a random selection for any previous teams played against.

The cutscenes after every play works for now I guess. It looks like it was implemented to cover up the robotic movement in between each play. I, for one will let the scenes play out because I cant stand the android movement, EVEN THOUGH the camera angles during the cutscenes are still incorrectly placed.

What happened to the dynamic hand held cameras that were supposed to be implemented this year? They're still using those strange sprinkler cams.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I thought it looked pretty good.

I'm a big "anti-swerve" guy but it was mainly due to the terrible pursuit AI by CPU defenders. The first counter has a mild swerve run but at least the LB takes a solid angle and makes the tackle.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 8

The field looks wider and more realistic as a result. Can't wait to get this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »