Home

How to lower success rate on "Slants" (?)

This is a discussion on How to lower success rate on "Slants" (?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
How to lower success rate on "Slants" (?)

Just asking the community how they tone down the amount of slant routes that are caught by the human player. I hate having to use house rules, so I was wondering if anyone has some slider edits or something to stop the completions. I can see people exploiting this in my online league once they see slants go for a completion basically every throw.

This is for when the HUM is on offense.

Last edited by UMhester04; 06-20-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to lower success rate on "Slants" (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Just asking the community how they tone down the amount of slant routes that are caught by the human player. I hate having to use house rules, so I was wondering if anyone has some slider edits or something to stop the completions. I can see people exploiting this in my online league once they see slants go for a completion basically every throw.

This is for when the HUM is on offense.
Buzz your OLB underneath and he will throw it right to him.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
When HUM is on offense, not D. I'm just asking cause the route is money in the bank and I hate taking the easy way out and just not using that route cause I know it'll be completed 9 times out of ten.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I can see people exploiting this in my online league once they see slants go for a completion basically every throw.
Quote:
That answers your question right there in online leagues. Slants are very stoppable in human vs human games.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
Pro

majesty95's Arena

I think he means when playing the CPU. He's worried teams will exploit it over and over again.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Last year and This year the slant is much harder because the DB will run in man with your WR and beat him to the ball.

I kinda wish there was a slant n go route to keep psychic DBs from ruining what is one of the most successful routes in all of football.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

This has been an issue with the NCAA games for awhile now. The hot route slants over the middle are easy to complete and you can do it 8/10 times. Especially if you rig your depth chart.

You're probably going to have to wait until the full game releases to fix this because it's just too big of a risk to set sliders in a demo when we don't even know if they'll 1) actually work in the retail game or 2) do exactly the same thing in the demo as in the full release.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Last year and This year the slant is much harder because the DB will run in man with your WR and beat him to the ball.

I kinda wish there was a slant n go route to keep psychic DBs from ruining what is one of the most successful routes in all of football.
Slants are not hard at all. And from what i have seen the psychic DBs are not there. Just ask V-Techs DB. ****in bama.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »