Home

With new news about coaching. Top 5-10

This is a discussion on With new news about coaching. Top 5-10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
My top ten, based on an unbalanced mixture of overall production and recent success...

01 - Nick Saban
02 - Bob Stoops
03 - Chris Peterson
04 - Les Miles
05 - Jim Tressel
06 - Urban Meyer
07 - Chip Kelly
08 - Bobby Petrino
09 - Pete Carroll
10 - Steve Spurrier

All of these based on what they've done in college football (despite questionable morals on and off the field), whether or not they've moved on.

It'll probably be noticed that I've got Meyer dropped to #6 in contrast with what others have mentioned, but I feel he's often succeeded not purely because of his coaching skills, but based on the success of certain players, at least in the most recent success at Florida. I can't say for sure whether he'd have lasted as long as he did at Florida if he hadn't had Tebow (the same could be said for other coaches and star players, I'm sure). Granted, he was damned good at Utah, and seems to be on track with Tressel's guys at Ohio State, but I certainly see Saban, Stoops, Peterson, Miles and Tressel ahead of him.

I'd also like to make an honorable mention of James Franklin, not for what he has done yet, but for what he is doing and is going to do, whether or not he stays at Vandy for the long haul. He's going to be one of the next big names, I'm predicting. He's already getting the name out there recruiting-wise, and now it's time for further on-field recognition.
This is the correct list
Old 06-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #74
Rookie

Re: With new news about coaching. Top 5-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
I'm sorry but OSU was terrible when Les Miles was there honestly I was to happy he left.
uhhh they went to the cotton bowl and OU twice when he was there. I'm not sure how Gundy isn't higher on all these lists? He is in the top 3 i believe in Wins in the last 5 years.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #75
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heismanu
uhhh they went to the cotton bowl and OU twice when he was there. I'm not sure how Gundy isn't higher on all these lists? He is in the top 3 i believe in Wins in the last 5 years.
Sorry losing 5 games or more just doesnt sound good to me. Gundy still has much to prove but if they couldve gotten to that NC a few years ago I could see him in a top 15-20 situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #76
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Gary Patterson - TCU

Where TCU was and is now is AMAZING.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf...ory?id=4767779
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

Last edited by thbends; 06-27-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #77
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
Sorry losing 5 games or more just doesnt sound good to me. Gundy still has much to prove but if they couldve gotten to that NC a few years ago I could see him in a top 15-20 situation.
Gundy lost five games last year, as in the most recent year we have to make note of. I believe Gundy is a good coach, and will be even better. Just not yet.

Also, on my list I meant to have Spurrier #9 and Petrino #10.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #78
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUBlink
My top ten, based on an unbalanced mixture of overall production and recent success...

01 - Nick Saban
02 - Bob Stoops
03 - Chris Peterson
04 - Les Miles
05 - Jim Tressel
06 - Urban Meyer
07 - Chip Kelly
08 - Bobby Petrino
09 - Pete Carroll
10 - Steve Spurrier

All of these based on what they've done in college football (despite questionable morals on and off the field), whether or not they've moved on.

It'll probably be noticed that I've got Meyer dropped to #6 in contrast with what others have mentioned, but I feel he's often succeeded not purely because of his coaching skills, but based on the success of certain players, at least in the most recent success at Florida. I can't say for sure whether he'd have lasted as long as he did at Florida if he hadn't had Tebow (the same could be said for other coaches and star players, I'm sure). Granted, he was damned good at Utah, and seems to be on track with Tressel's guys at Ohio State, but I certainly see Saban, Stoops, Peterson, Miles and Tressel ahead of him.

I'd also like to make an honorable mention of James Franklin, not for what he has done yet, but for what he is doing and is going to do, whether or not he stays at Vandy for the long haul. He's going to be one of the next big names, I'm predicting. He's already getting the name out there recruiting-wise, and now it's time for further on-field recognition.
why are you including coaches that are not in college football anymore? if we are going to include past college college coaches then everyone can blow up their top 10 list completely.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #79
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
why are you including coaches that are not in college football anymore? if we are going to include past college college coaches then everyone can blow up their top 10 list completely.
These are coaches that, hypothetically, I could easily see coming back to college football in a short time. That said, and seeing that most people use the Dynasty feature of NCAA, I can certainly see this mattering. This could effect the realism of their game.

I even used an entire paragraph to explain myself the first time. **My mistake, it was a sentence by itself.

Last edited by EUBlink; 06-27-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #80
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

Once again BCS era.... If they did anything that you thought made them great in the BCS era for top 10 what's wrong with saying Chip Kelly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »