Home

With new news about coaching. Top 5-10

This is a discussion on With new news about coaching. Top 5-10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #65
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: With new news about coaching. Top 5-10

Yall are killing me with these Spurrier ratings outside the top 5 and I'm a UGA fan, I'm supposed to hate the guy. Whenever he's on the field, he is the smartest guy. He built Florida, he built South Carolina from crap, he has the championships. No reason he shouldn't be top 5 at the worst
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #66
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I've enjoyed this thread very much. Very interesting views

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

1. Lane Kiffin
2. Charlie Weis
3. Ron Zook
4. Rich Rodriguez
5. Rick Neuheisal
6. Ty Willingham
7. Urban Meyer
8. Nick Saban
9. Brian Kelly
10. Lane Kiffin
Kiffin gets two spots because he was #1 at Tennessee and now he dropped to #10 at USC.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Yall are killing me with these Spurrier ratings outside the top 5 and I'm a UGA fan, I'm supposed to hate the guy. Whenever he's on the field, he is the smartest guy. He built Florida, he built South Carolina from crap, he has the championships. No reason he shouldn't be top 5 at the worst
He only has championship (singular). Not that one is anything to ignore. Unless talking conf titles which he has six, but those also came in a different era of SEC football then we are in now. I am not denying he deserves consideration, and where USC is now is unfathomable at my age, but I think he is kind of in the same boat as Mack Brown in some instances.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #69
Rookie

Clearly Meyer and Saban are top two. Those two build dominant teams.

My top 10

1.Saban
2.Meyer
3.Snyder
4.Spurrier
5.Stoops
6.Briles
7.Kelly
8.Petersen
9.Franklin
10.Petrino
Old 06-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #70
Rookie

And those mentioning James Franklin are dead on. That guy knows how t build a program. I've never seen a coach who makes you want to be a part of his program the way he does. Art Briles is amazing as well. I feel like Beamer is overrated based on the fact that many other coaches could do what he's doing now at Tech, and probably better. He's been there for so many years, but hasn't locked down the state in recruiting, even with UVA being very mediocre. He also consistently loses at least three games every season, with seemingly no big wins. Richt is somewhat underrated to me. He has won big games, it's just that he never wins them all. He's been in the same division as Meyer, Spurrier, Franklin, and in the same conference as Miles, Saban, and Petrino. He's coached when Tennessee had good players, Kentucky was somewhat formidable, was cross divisional rivals with Auburn who has had excellent teams, etc.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #71
Rookie

Sadly I don't think I can even name 25 coaches right now and I haven't seen anyone mention Al Golden. Is he not perceived as a good coach outside of south florida? I must say that Miami fans down here love Golden for the most part and think he's doing a phenomenal job rebuilding the U. Was a little surprised when nobody mentioned him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #72
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaT_PR_BoY____
Sadly I don't think I can even name 25 coaches right now and I haven't seen anyone mention Al Golden. Is he not perceived as a good coach outside of south florida? I must say that Miami fans down here love Golden for the most part and think he's doing a phenomenal job rebuilding the U. Was a little surprised when nobody mentioned him.
Has he been great the last decade basically? Majority of the BCS era at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »